Closed 
Update #534
05-14-2017, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2017 05:25 PM by thedivinity.)
This is the discussion thread for Update #534

• Professional thieves can now rob items from others using /rob.

Please report any bugs associated with this update here.

So there's a few things that factor into it.

If you are facing the player's back, it increases your chances by 20%.
If the player has armor, your chances are reduced by 30%.

If the item that it randomly tries to steal is a shipment, the chances are also reduced by 20%.

It's probably buggy and really shitty right now but I'll see how it goes.

If you change jobs after robbing someone, you lose the item.

If you die within a 3 minute time period, the item is also lost.

If a cop is near you, it'll autowant you for robbing.

You are also put on the vigilante list for robbing. (Still a random chance)

Most things that applied to Anarchist's robbing feature/mechanism apply to this.
05-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Oooohh, I really like this. Really, really like it. Gives pro thief a reason to be used again, and gives you more of a reason to keep things in your base. Great work.

[Image: 9bTn6Kp.gif]     [Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:40722168...und=000001] 

Fuck you Scott I do what I want You bitch.
05-14-2017, 07:07 PM
Hell yeah. Finally, I can be a true thief

Rebecca Chambers/Cersei Lannister
Resident Evil, Alice In Chains, Metal Gear Solid, and ASOIAF/GOT fanatic
[Image: R6eaaGQ.jpg]
05-14-2017, 07:29 PM
Wait can I steal a weapon right out of someones hands like in Skyrim?

05-14-2017, 07:32 PM
(05-14-2017 07:29 PM)'CockMasterWarlord' Wrote:  Wait can I steal a weapon right out of someones hands like in Skyrim?

No, but you can break open a crate that's inside of someone's asshole and carefully remove 1 weapon (that could be anything from as small as an HL2 pistol to as big as a riot shield) without them noticing :^)

"You've got to make a statement. You've got to look inside yourself and say: What am I willing to put up with today?" - Arin Hanson

"If you love someone, tell them you love 'em. And if you hate them, be sure to tell them 'fuck you', at every possible opportunity." - Danny Sexbang

"Don't make fame your goal. Make your goal doing what you do to the best of your ability, and that's something no one can take away from you." -Danny Sexbang

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzRcpXMIcA337WHnuJaEa...wom7ypi9UB][Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:40707380...und=00F7FF]
05-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Can we reduce the time for stealing? It doesn't need to be drastically lowered but maybe 150-200 seconds instead?

Also, can we make it so if its successful then it doesn't notify the player? the chances of it succeeding are lower than the chances of failing and if an irl thief does his stealing correctly then the person wouldn't know.

[Image: JpRWXlj.gif]
05-15-2017, 04:17 PM
I reduced the time a bit.

I just did it because it doesn't seem fair to players having something stolen from them without any indicator at all.
Closed 
Quick Reply