Divinity DarkRP
Players 8/128

Closed 
Update #616
07-24-2017, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2017 02:15 PM by thedivinity.)
This is the discussion thread for Update #616

• Added deployable cracker (ANXIETY LIKE FUCK | I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN BUT MAY AS WELL SEE.)
  • Heroin nerf (It does 60% damage reduction. | You still die from it.)

Please report any bugs associated with this update here.

Please for the love of god give feedback.
07-24-2017, 02:35 PM
If heroin doesn't make you invincible can the end result leave you at 1 health instead of killing you?

[Image: JpRWXlj.gif]
07-24-2017, 02:50 PM
(07-24-2017 01:35 PM)'Tony Evening' Wrote:  If heroin doesn't make you invincible can the end result leave you at 1 health instead of killing you?

I like that with like the chance that it does kill you from OD. The more heroin you take the more chance of an OD or something.

[Image: 3971a2952c.jpg]

[Image: jgqzyg.png]

Needed a place to store my memes while I clean booted the pc so eat me http://imgur.com/a/eg9rI
07-24-2017, 05:48 PM
agree'd with tony but since it was nerfed (dont mob me) I think cops should be able to use heroin again

[Image: SkAHyy7.png]
i used to be an administrator on the divinity roleplay darkrp server on gmod 13
07-24-2017, 09:31 PM
After having a chance to mess with the new keypad cracker, I feel it can be a little fucky for small bases. The lone baser couldn't stand a chance when a man walks up with it, and plops it down. Sure it can be shot down, but if they just can't seem to hit it, they can get fucked pretty hard.

I feel like the best nerf for it, IMO, is that it has to be purely made with scrap. BMD shouldn't sell it. I like that as it makes it a difficult item to get, due to how powerful it is, but keeps it in. Cause I love the deployable cracker, it's awesome as fuck, but I feel it's really powerful. While it's a good counter to huge org bases, I feel it can overpower those that solo base and are new to the game.

飛鳥了
[Image: tumblr_p4urzmh6uI1rawb5do1_500.gif]
07-24-2017, 09:55 PM
I could see how availability is an issue.

It's one I'm confused about as well.

I could do the scrap thing if people really wanted but I wasn't sure how that would go either.
07-24-2017, 10:18 PM
I can see the deployable hacker being an issue for solo bases. I think it's good it is a vendor item for the BMD though as more people will make sales with that class and boost the RP interaction with him as well. While it is a really powerful tool, I think its just going to be a slight adjustment period for people who like to base solo. We still allow kill boxes on the server and considering I don't think most raiders are going to rely ONLY on this ($5,000 per raid just for the cracker would add up very quickly) it forces all people who base to build more elaborate defenses within their base instead of just plopping down their adv dupe KB and being perfectly safe until they disconnect. That is one of the things I really like about it being easily purchasable and available through the BMD.

In a way, this cracker is kind of the answer to the cheapness of kill boxes without completely removing them or heroin from the server and I think we should definitely wait and see more peoples experience with it before changing anything as I actually think it is priced just high enough to be useful in certain raids, but not all raids. Could always be adjusted or modified in the future, but I think how it is set up now might actually end up working out for the better. I'm okay with there being a strong cracker on the server if it helps balance kb's and heroin while also increasing BMD activity, interaction, and forces players to kind of redesign or improve the same base design or killbox they've been using for years.
07-24-2017, 10:48 PM
Completely agree with Daniel. It should stay as is, in my opinion. It'd force people to actually keep tabs on their killbox, and possibly add open areas for them to be able to shoot the cracker. Open areas=raider able to shoot back or something.

[Image: SkAHyy7.png]
i used to be an administrator on the divinity roleplay darkrp server on gmod 13
Closed 
Quick Reply