Divinity DarkRP
Players 40/128

Slot machines just don't work
08-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Slot machines just don't work
[Image: ywBwmr2.jpg]
So, lets be honest. No one uses these things, and if you say 
you do, you're a GOD DAMN LIAR. 

But what can be done? I say, we should change it completely. 

I propose we make slot machines ownable, and be able
to be set by vendor classes to sell vendor items. 

It sounds OP but it's not. Realistically it's more convenient for
all players. 

So while considering a few things like gun dealers and guns
being illegal, I'm sure they can be made warranted and when
battering rammed, reset to their original state. 

Other things among benefits, the item being sold can be a 
picture with a price on the screen, making it easier.

[Image: fcIR486.jpg]
08-11-2017, 04:47 PM
RE: Slot machines just don't work
I use them every now and then, we shouldn't be focusing on gambling. We have /gamble for that.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:16678862...und=ff9633]
08-11-2017, 05:47 PM
^^ Yet it adds more rp, +support

[Image: SkAHyy7.png]
i am an administrator on the divinity roleplay darkrp server on gmod 13
08-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Ok so I don't want to hijack the thread, but this just sparked a GENIUS idea!

So in honesty, no, people only use the slot machine to waste a few dollars in a couple spins and then leave it. BUT with replacing them for such as a vending machine, there is much potential for class benefits.

What I am getting with this is the idea of a VENDING MACHINE: an owner places his items in for X price, players can go up to it and purchase it and it goes directly into the pocket, GENIUS!

But even better, a class that I see rarely used, the Hacker, could benefit to this change because now there is a risk to owning the vending machine, as hackers could possibly steal items you try putting up for ease of access. EVEN FURTHER in classes benefited, vendor owners can hire Security Guards or Mercs to protect their machine(s)

This would make a WHOLE new dynamic to the classes, but what if we went a step further... Now hold on because this is the ambitious idea. What if it became, rather than an ownership thing, a community vending machine!

Often a scavenge up items that I hold in my inventory for so long, I have a ton when I'm about to log off and either sell for pennies at a Buyer or just give it away to a local scrub. Now what if the vending machine allowed for players to put an item in for whatever price, allowing any schmuck to purchase it.

Don't want to look for a Gun Dealer? Prices too steep for drugs? No one is a Black Market Dealer anymore? Check the Vending Machine!

The map would have to have some adjustments with placement of the machines and that could create an even GREATER dynamic on where you place the item because high populated areas will be better protected, but illegal items will be seen and run risk of being arrested. HOWEVER, low populated areas (Like slums) will not have anyone watching BUT Hackers will have less trouble stealing yo' goods.

I can only imagine the headache this could cause with coding and UI design (Maybe some of the coding from the storage crates UI/systeming could be useful?) so it is a far-fetched idea, just popped in my head :V
08-12-2017, 12:11 AM
(Yesterday 06:29 PM)'Captain Planet' Wrote:  Ok so I don't want to hijack the thread, but this just sparked a GENIUS idea!

So in honesty, no, people only use the slot machine to waste a few dollars in a couple spins and then leave it. BUT with replacing them for such as a vending machine, there is much potential for class benefits.

What I am getting with this is the idea of a VENDING MACHINE: an owner places his items in for X price, players can go up to it and purchase it and it goes directly into the pocket, GENIUS!

But even better, a class that I see rarely used, the Hacker, could benefit to this change because now there is a risk to owning the vending machine, as hackers could possibly steal items you try putting up for ease of access. EVEN FURTHER in classes benefited, vendor owners can hire Security Guards or Mercs to protect their machine(s)

This would make a WHOLE new dynamic to the classes, but what if we went a step further... Now hold on because this is the ambitious idea. What if it became, rather than an ownership thing, a community vending machine!

Often a scavenge up items that I hold in my inventory for so long, I have a ton when I'm about to log off and either sell for pennies at a Buyer or just give it away to a local scrub. Now what if the vending machine allowed for players to put an item in for whatever price, allowing any schmuck to purchase it.

Don't want to look for a Gun Dealer? Prices too steep for drugs? No one is a Black Market Dealer anymore? Check the Vending Machine!

The map would have to have some adjustments with placement of the machines and that could create an even GREATER dynamic on where you place the item because high populated areas will be better protected, but illegal items will be seen and run risk of being arrested. HOWEVER, low populated areas (Like slums) will not have anyone watching BUT Hackers will have less trouble stealing yo' goods.

I can only imagine the headache this could cause with coding and UI design (Maybe some of the coding from the storage crates UI/systeming could be useful?) so it is a far-fetched idea, just popped in my head :V

please don't thread jack, post a different thread for different suggestions. if you're adding on to this suggestion than go right ahead, but don't completely change the thread subject

"She may look totally kawaii, but she will f**king cut you if you touch her boyfriend" -Imgur, 2016

My Twitch channel if you wanna watch me to streams of whacky games: https://www.twitch.tv/kawaii_anime_girl923

what i listen to when i browse the forums: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx31YcLXAug

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:46564892...und=84f0f9]  
[Image: giphy.gif] <--- Idea from Arianna

I'm a "Kobayashi-san Chi no Meidoragon"  (Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid) faggot
08-12-2017, 09:35 PM
(Yesterday 06:29 PM)'Captain Planet' Wrote:  What I am getting with this is the idea of a VENDING MACHINE: an owner places his items in for X price, players can go up to it and purchase it and it goes directly into the pocket, GENIUS!

that's like, almost exactly what my suggestion is. 

08-12-2017, 10:13 PM
(Yesterday 05:29 PM)'Captain Planet' Wrote:  Ok so I don't want to hijack the thread, but this just sparked a GENIUS idea!

If you make a seperate thread i would totally support it

i've been campaigning for the removal or modification of slot machines for a while now, the only thing they're good for now is hiding in.

[Image: tumblr_oobmrzgZKM1wnvrp8o1_250.gif]
You used to call me on my cellbone

Kek-9

"Remember kids, sideways for attention, longways for results" George Miller AKA Filthy Frank-
08-13-2017, 02:06 PM
(Yesterday 11:13 PM)'Danku-chan' Wrote:  If you make a seperate thread i would totally support it

i've been campaigning for the removal or modification of slot machines for a while now, the only thing they're good for now is hiding in.

Imma just leave it in here so we know wether the Vending Machine gets passed or nah :V If it gets approved, then I would suggest the second part as a new thread. I don't want to take Tyrone William's credit for his suggestion; I only worded it differently and added other possibilities ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
08-13-2017, 10:25 PM
I didn't do pawn dealer because of how it'd ruin stuff by having a vendor/NPC that could sell things without much interaction and fucking over other vendors.

How would vending machines not do the same thing?

Unless I missed the point of this.

[Image: ud0eZk2.png][Image: UEI1t2B.gif]
08-13-2017, 10:30 PM
(Today 10:25 PM)'thedivinity' Wrote:  I didn't do pawn dealer because of how it'd ruin stuff by having a vendor/NPC that could sell things without much interaction and fucking over other vendors.

I have this really bad feeling I didn't work this right.

My point for this post was to basically, if not to replace, but to add to vendor class buying machines. Similar to a microwave or a gunlab, a person could f2 a (slot) machine and use it to sell a certain item. It's basically a stationary vendor lab for players, that can be anywhere on the map (locations of the machines themselves) that don't have to be frozen or anything. 

In lamens terms, I rent the slot machine to sell a thing with the item displayed + price

08-14-2017, 12:05 AM
(Yesterday 11:25 PM)'thedivinity' Wrote:  I didn't do pawn dealer because of how it'd ruin stuff by having a vendor/NPC that could sell things without much interaction and fucking over other vendors.

There could be a lab fee to own/buy from the machine. Some people just want a quick-and-easy item without the hassle of talking to a vendor/waiting in line and those people can be willing to avoid that by paying a little extra from a vending machine. Also limiting to what items are sellable/how many are sellable at a time, and other nerfs that'll make vending machines not something to rely on as a vendor class, but a possible invenstment with benifits.
Also some people just suck at being a vendor and when sucky people are the only ones selling, vending machine will be your savior.

Unless you were refering about my super post thing with anyone puting items in the vendor :V
There is fairness in that a single gun could circulate for a while from: being sold at the vendor>picked up after death>Sold at the vendor again>REPEAT! This creates a different dynamic of a sort-of WAR ECONOMY (which sounds cool but would probably suck gameplay-wise as less vendors would get business) The buyer basically buys a gun that gets DESTROYED and lessens the amount of guns circulating for free-pickups. I just hate selling my extra guns for what feels like $0.05
I'm just a lazy player who wants more money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
08-15-2017, 01:00 PM
(Yesterday 01:05 AM)'Captain Planet' Wrote:  There could be a lab fee to own/buy from the machine. Some people just want a quick-and-easy item without the hassle of talking to a vendor/waiting in line and those people can be willing to avoid that by paying a little extra from a vending machine. Also limiting to what items are sellable/how many are sellable at a time, and other nerfs that'll make vending machines not something to rely on as a vendor class, but a possible invenstment with benifits.
Also some people just suck at being a vendor and when sucky people are the only ones selling, vending machine will be your savior.

Unless you were refering about my super post thing with anyone puting items in the vendor :V
There is fairness in that a single gun could circulate for a while from: being sold at the vendor>picked up after death>Sold at the vendor again>REPEAT! This creates a different dynamic of a sort-of WAR ECONOMY (which sounds cool but would probably suck gameplay-wise as less vendors would get business) The buyer basically buys a gun that gets DESTROYED and lessens the amount of guns circulating for free-pickups. I just hate selling my extra guns for what feels like $0.05
I'm just a lazy player who wants more money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can you not hijack the thread? Go make a separate post if you have an idea; it isn't half bad. But don't hijack another person's thread.

[Image: giphy.gif]

How about them brooms?
08-15-2017, 04:17 PM
i use them

[Image: xKxmUXG.png]
08-15-2017, 04:32 PM
(Today 04:17 PM)'jeff' Wrote:  i use them

This is true I saw Jeff using them today. I think they're a fun little waste of time. That was their intent. I still think you should be able to choose how much rp money you spin for to some degree so its a bit more rewarding if you actually win.

[Image: BeFhcsp.png]
Quick Reply