Divinity DarkRP
Players 40/128

Remove ownership of doors from CP
08-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Remove ownership of doors from CP
So CP is NOT a basing class, and I'm pretty sure EVERYONE knows that. Players who play CP are't sitting in a house, waiting for the 911 calls and rush to the scene of the crime, they are patrolling, leaving the doors that they owned unpurchasable. Numerous times have I had to /PM a CP or try finding the player frolicking around just to beg him to sell his doors, usually ending in a haggling match of buying the door off of him.

So I propse that upon switching to a CP class, all of your door ownership be removed, similar to the Hotel Manager and Movie Theater Manager class. If a CP is basing, they usually get caught and a demote starts, then they start screeching in OOC and admin calls come in and a big mess just starts. So rather than the big mess be a possibility, just remove ownership ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
08-12-2017, 01:05 PM
RE: Remove ownership of doors from CP
If they arent using the base, tell staff and they can unown the doors

[Image: 2OtzOq2.gif]
Credit to Almighty Doge
08-12-2017, 02:34 PM
+support

[Image: tumblr_oobmrzgZKM1wnvrp8o1_250.gif]
You used to call me on my cellbone

Kek-9

"Remember kids, sideways for attention, longways for results" George Miller AKA Filthy Frank-
08-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Basically what Krabs said, if a guy isn't using a base he has no right to hold it unless someone pays him, so if they do that just tell a staff member to force unown it. On top of that, CP printer farming in that of itself isn't demoteable because it's a staff issue, given that cops are not allowed to directly participate in crime(using money printers).

That being said I don't agree with this due to the fact that I have seen CPs using doors for valid RP purposes, Wolfgangs Police Station being an example

#ZamasuDidNothingWrong
[Image: P4jNeua.gif]
Credit to Almighty Doge
[Image: tq0spsT.png]
08-12-2017, 03:56 PM
No.

I do not want to restrict roleplay to cops, there is no valid reason to remove their base.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:16678862...und=ff9633]
08-12-2017, 04:22 PM
A cop base is too OP. First the guy get's autowanted for breaking in, next the CP already has a heavy arsenal at his disposal, and they should be out patrolling the streets for criminals anyways.

[Image: 6009937DlHcm.png]
08-12-2017, 07:34 PM
(Today 03:58 PM)'Snivy' Wrote:  Basically what Krabs said, if a guy isn't using a base he has no right to hold it unless someone pays him, so if they do that just tell a staff member to force unown it. On top of that, CP printer farming in that of itself isn't demoteable because it's a staff issue, given that cops are not allowed to directly participate in crime(using money printers).

That being said I don't agree with this due to the fact that I have seen CPs using doors for valid RP purposes, Wolfgangs Police Station being an example

If there is a fair amount of CP who use basing with RP intentions, I definitly don't want to take that away. But from what me and many others have seen, CP bases are usually empty because they forget they own the doors, /pm begging or Admin calls have to happen and after some time, the door is finally free. I like to give staff less of a load when playing and this is a common one I see other players have as well. More hassle is created than RP usage :/
08-12-2017, 08:58 PM
I like to use buildings to create unique rp checkpoints or stations and such without it being an actual base. I'd hate to lose this.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:46360435...ound=55252][Image: FrosticEh%21.png]
Staff in DivRp's early days
Moderating in 2017.
08-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Would rather not restrict cops just because a few people 'forgot' Seems like a knee jerk reaction to assume all people get punished and restricted.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:16678862...und=ff9633]
08-12-2017, 09:33 PM
(Today 08:34 PM)'Captain Planet' Wrote:  If there is a fair amount of CP who use basing with RP intentions, I definitly don't want to take that away. But from what me and many others have seen, CP bases are usually empty because they forget they own the doors, /pm begging or Admin calls have to happen and after some time, the door is finally free. I like to give staff less of a load when playing and this is a common one I see other players have as well. More hassle is created than RP usage :/

You should't worry too much about something like doors, it's as simple as
!goto <name>
rp_unown
(except mods theyy hafta walk n stuff but its ok cause u can always use spawnpoints to get close <3)

#ZamasuDidNothingWrong
[Image: P4jNeua.gif]
Credit to Almighty Doge
[Image: tq0spsT.png]
Quick Reply