Divinity DarkRP
Players 13/128

Closed 
Roleplay Bases + Guidelines Update
08-17-2017, 11:45 AM
Guidelines Changes

With roleplay bases being brought into the server on an official term we've also looked over some of the guidelines and changed some of them to reflect the rules and stances on certain things better, we understand that some people get confused when we clarify a rule when either it wasn't written down or people have different interpretations of how that rule functions, so we're changing or adding some of the guidelines to represent the most commonly asked questions we get or players are unsure of.

You may not defend the nexus while under NLR if you died inside was changed to Cops may not defend the nexus while under NLR if they have died inside.
Using your keyboard to open doors was changed to Using your keyboard to operate base defenses and entrances.
Do not demote for server rules, if an administrator is on was changed to Do not demote for server rules, if a staff member is on.
No fakes was changed was changed to No fake or misleading keypads.
Buttons may not be used for defenses was changed to Buttons may not be used for base defenses/entrances.
Do not self-supply (Going a vendor class just to supply yourself with items.) was changed to Do not self-supply. (Going a vendor class just to supply yourself or friends with items for your/their benefit.)

Same custom /job suffix or prefix was added to RP Relation.
Double jump entrances and/or defenses are not permitted was added to Building.
Elevators count towards fading door limitations was added to Building.
You are still building, then you may return to continue building was added to NLR Exceptions.
Vendor booths may not share the same space as a base entrance/defense was added to Fading Door (Keypad and Button)
Aesthetic doors to a base operated by buttons are permitted was added to Fading Door (Keypad and Button)

What is a Roleplay Base?

A roleplay base is a building centered around creative roleplaying than basing and is subject to it's own set of rules, this will provide a declaration to raiding players that this building is strictly for roleplay and that there shouldn't be a reason to raid it.

What are the rules?

After some time the higher staff have come down with a set of rules for roleplay bases and how they should function.

• Fading doors are only allowed with buttons, keypads may not be used. This is to allow anyone to enter the roleplay base.
• You must have a sign declaring it is a roleplay base, acceptable sign titles are: "Roleplay Base" "RP Base" "No raidables" and so on.
• You may not have any raidables in your base, and may not sell any raidables to other players inside of the base.
• Contracts can be completed within the roleplay base. (Hitman kills, vigilante kills, etc.)
• Muggable criminals can still mug you or other players inside of the roleplay base. (Mob, thug, anarchist, etc.)

What do I do if someone raids me while I have a roleplay building?

Contact staff as soon as you can and defend yourself as necessary, with this addition not everyone is going to know or understand this new system and it will take time for everyone to adjust to the concept. So please be patient and understanding with both the player raiding you and the staff team.

What do I do if I suspect someone to have raidables inside of a roleplay building?

Contact staff about the problem, as this is a staff issue and roleplay bases are centered around roleplay and not basing.

The idea behind roleplay bases is to encourage others to be creative with their buildings and aesthetics along with trying out different roleplay ideas, also while not having to stress over raiders coming in to ruin the experience you're providing to others, we're hoping to see some really cool ideas come out with this addition and if there are any questions feel free to ask a super on discord/steam or in this thread.

Thanks.
08-17-2017, 12:03 PM
Can mayor stay inside these RP bases?

An in-progress /pof/ story by me: NEET to Neat.

[Image: quTWQ0a.png]
[Image: TAUdBHK.png]

SpoilerShow
08-17-2017, 12:04 PM
(08-17-2017 12:03 PM)'SkippyTheMoonRock' Wrote:  Can mayor stay inside these RP bases?

Mayor shouldn't be behind any fading doors that are not his.

And before you ask, no he cannot make roleplay bases.
08-17-2017, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 12:21 PM by SkippyTheMoonRock.)
Does a player have to state that it's a RP base?

Does this mean that anything I build that resembles an area you can enter is a RP base?

SpoilerShow
08-17-2017, 02:21 PM
(08-17-2017 12:15 PM)'SkippyTheMoonRock' Wrote:  Does a player have to state that it's a RP base?

Does this mean that anything I build that resembles an area you can enter is a RP base?

There must be a sign that says its an rp base

and dont get fancy with it like "house of imaginations" it has to be straight forward and clear to other players that its a roleplay base

Tea 2018 < Coffee
[Image: 635886006588771236625743993_giphy-21.gif]
Dat Dat Doe.
[Image: bff1ed6cf0.jpg]
[Image: 2d736c6170.jpg]
08-17-2017, 02:37 PM
you want to encourage roleplay but what's stopping me from just going 600hp thug and mugging the owner?

you can't allow mugging whatsoever.
08-17-2017, 03:07 PM
(08-17-2017 02:21 PM)'HavocMaverick' Wrote:  There must be a sign that says its an rp base

and dont get fancy with it like "house of imaginations" it has to be straight forward and clear to other players that its a roleplay base

So for the 2nd question, is that a yes or no?

SpoilerShow
08-17-2017, 03:22 PM
(08-17-2017 02:37 PM)'Judge Dredd The Techno Viking' Wrote:  you want to encourage roleplay but what's stopping me from just going 600hp thug and mugging the owner?

Nothing is to stop you from doing that obviously, but chain mugging isn't allowed on the server so if people try and abuse the system or specifically target players within an RP base (waiting just the right amount of time and going back to the same base over and over) it would be handled by staff. I'm all for these RP areas and I think the rules are set up just fine. It shouldn't be a 100% safe zone from all classes on the server. Lets see how it goes. When it boils down to it, even if someone does come to mug you, just pay them $500 and they're out of your hair or defend yourself and risk death.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:21106751...und=000000]
08-17-2017, 09:24 PM
But if you can't have keypads, and every part of it is accessable already, how would you be "raided" in the first place if they could just walk in anyways?
How is this any different from a normal "wide open base"?
Not like a base with no keypads would be raided anyways since any hobo could just walk in and out with your shit.
08-17-2017, 09:35 PM
(08-17-2017 09:24 PM)'Dirk3000' Wrote:  But if you can't have keypads, and every part of it is accessable already, how would you be "raided" in the first place if they could just walk in anyways?
How is this any different from a normal "wide open base"?
Not like a base with no keypads would be raided anyways since any hobo could just walk in and out with your shit.

That's the point. The no raiding rule is to prevent people from going into it and killing everyone inside, and justify it by calling it a raid.
08-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Are bases that not "RP bases" raidable, and are dumpster bases "RP bases"?

SpoilerShow
08-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Updated the thread to include guideline changes we've made.
08-18-2017, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 06:31 PM by HavocMaverick.)
(08-17-2017 02:37 PM)'Judge Dredd The Techno Viking' Wrote:  you want to encourage roleplay but what's stopping me from just going 600hp thug and mugging the owner?

Nothing is stopping you, mugging is rp duhhh
deal with it punk

(08-17-2017 03:07 PM)'SkippyTheMoonRock' Wrote:  So for the 2nd question, is that a yes or no?

Was hoping you would understand from my post that you need a sign, as long as you have an rp base sign and are following the above rules you can build anything youd like

(08-18-2017 09:32 AM)'SkippyTheMoonRock' Wrote:  Are bases that not "RP bases" raidable, and are dumpster bases "RP bases"?

Can you reword this, i have no idea what you are asking.

Ill do my best but you suck 

rp bases must follow the above rules. Dumpster bases are not rp bases since they can spawn raidables.

Tea 2018 < Coffee
Dat Dat Doe.
08-19-2017, 08:35 AM
(08-18-2017 06:29 PM)'HavocMaverick' Wrote:  Can you reword this, i have no idea what you are asking.

Ill do my best but you suck

rp bases must follow the above rules. Dumpster bases are not rp bases since they can spawn raidables.

Are all bases going to be defined as either a "Raidable Base" or a "RP Base"?

SpoilerShow
08-19-2017, 06:28 PM
(08-19-2017 08:35 AM)'SkippyTheMoonRock' Wrote:  Are all bases going to be defined as either a "Raidable Base" or a "RP Base"?

Well ya, i dont think theres any inbetween, a base can either be raidable or not

Tea 2018 < Coffee
Dat Dat Doe.
Closed 
Quick Reply