Divinity DarkRP
Players 8/128

Closed 
Update #732
12-03-2017, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 04:22 AM by thedivinity.)
This is the discussion thread for Update #732

• Added satchel charges to BMD and item creator. (3 Scrap | $1,500)
  • Can now force feed by gravgunning food into people.
  • Fixed being autowanted during events. (Or should be fixed)

Please report any bugs associated with this update here.

Really need to use a different model for it or something.
12-03-2017, 10:15 AM
While I understand satchel is new and shiny, perhaps it should be instant instead of waiting 30s. And use the SLAM model.
12-03-2017, 12:22 PM
I feel that instant breach would be a bit OP, maybe shorten the time to 10 secs? I really like the idea of the SLAM model, though.

[Image: no_ones_around.gif]
[Image: no_ones_around_text.gif]
12-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Satchel charges for instant breach won't be an issue since it's soley for rp doors.
12-04-2017, 10:04 AM
Changed the model to the SLAM for now
12-05-2017, 07:11 PM
(12-03-2017 12:42 PM)'Legacy' Wrote:  Satchel charges for instant breach won't be an issue since it's soley for rp doors.

If what I'm thinking is right, you want satchels to explode as soon as it is placed on the door?
If it is, you're making the lockpick obsolete, and all the classes that rely on it.
If not, idk what anything means anymore.

Also, the satchel charge should damage anyone near the doors.

An in-progress /pof/ story by me: NEET to Neat.

[Image: quTWQ0a.png]
[Image: TAUdBHK.png]

SpoilerShow
12-05-2017, 08:31 PM
(12-05-2017 07:11 PM)'SkippyTheMoonRock' Wrote:  If what I'm thinking is right, you want satchels to explode as soon as it is placed on the door?
If it is, you're making the lockpick obsolete, and all the classes that rely on it.
If not, idk what anything means anymore.

Also, the satchel charge should damage anyone near the doors.

Hurting people with the charges makes sense but I'd rather not.

The price for a lockpick is 500$ currently while the satchel is 1,500$. The worth of a satchel charge is worth more but also a heavy investment as it's a one time use, costs more but has the (potential) benefit of blowing open an rp door near instantly. You're basically paying more to get in faster, which makes sense.

The lockpick may not be so obsolute to a professional theif or a super pro thief that still uses lockpicks because what if there is more than one roleplay door?
12-06-2017, 06:09 PM
(12-05-2017 08:31 PM)'Legacy' Wrote:  Hurting people with the charges makes sense but I'd rather not.

The price for a lockpick is 500$ currently while the satchel is 1,500$. The worth of a satchel charge is worth more but also a heavy investment as it's a one time use, costs more but has the (potential) benefit of blowing open an rp door near instantly. You're basically paying more to get in faster, which makes sense.

The lockpick may not be so obsolute to a professional theif or a super pro thief that still uses lockpicks because what if there is more than one roleplay door?

If too fast, it makes entrances (raiders entering) too OP (for bases with no killbox).
If too slow, it's just a glorified lockpick.
I think of the satchel charge as an alternative, aggressive approach to raiding bases.
Which is why I proposed the explosive damage on the satchel, it makes the item more unique, and desirable to use for an aggressive approach when it comes to raiding.
This item shouldn't be popularly used with hacker/pro thief because first off, they have stealth capabilities, which will be a whole lot more useful than using a bomb which throws away that stealth capability.
Secondly, satchel charges are too aggressive (and would be even more aggressive if it did damage) for hackers/PTs, as stated above, stealth is more their job than aggressively raiding a place. (how can hackers/PTs be aggressive when they can't do damage, doesn't make sense to me (unless you think the satchel is not an aggressive approach)).
Also, if it isn't already, the time of detonation should be between the time of an SPT lockpick and a PT lockpick.

An in-progress /pof/ story by me: NEET to Neat.

[Image: quTWQ0a.png]
[Image: TAUdBHK.png]

SpoilerShow
12-06-2017, 07:52 PM
I see the satchel charge as a more loud way of making an entrance while lockpicking is a more quiet way.
I think its neat to have the loud option more available with Satchel Charges.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:46360435...und=0D0D0D]

Closed 
Quick Reply