Divinity DarkRP
Players 22/128

Heavy metal doors+ECM Jammers
02-12-2018, 09:54 AM
I kinda only like the ECM idea.

I feel like it'd be cool to disrupt the usage of group chat, 911, radio, and even quickwanting. I feel the others are unnecessary, and will be used to be fucky and mess with people. The only issue I can see with ECM is we're in an era of Discord, I don't think it'll disrupt radios much and people can still call in backup, but I do like that it can at least disable group chat and built in radio chat if people actually use it, alongside messing with group chat for cops. I kinda wanna see the ECM happen, but the metal door seems silly.

[Image: cheekibreekisigapplynow.png]
(Leader | Click the image above to access our org page!)

02-12-2018, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2018 05:23 PM by JimmySuros.)
I see where you are coming from, but the thing is, classes like pro thief are borderline useless. I want to have a feature that makes them more useful. Still, the door is breachable with sachels. The solo raid may seem like it disappears with this but you must realize that solo raid with SPT or hacker is a dangerous prospect at best and suicide at worst. Lastly, not many people will buy the metal door. Even with the new door fortification, people almost never buy it.

(02-12-2018 09:54 AM)'Gregg' Wrote:  I kinda only like the ECM idea.

I feel like it'd be cool to disrupt the usage of group chat, 911, radio, and even quickwanting. I feel the others are unnecessary, and will be used to be fucky and mess with people. The only issue I can see with ECM is we're in an era of Discord, I don't think it'll disrupt radios much and people can still call in backup, but I do like that it can at least disable group chat and built in radio chat if people actually use it, alongside messing with group chat for cops. I kinda wanna see the ECM happen, but the metal door seems silly.

The ECM main purpose is to make raiding easier. Discord is still OCC, btw, and its main purpose is to slow warrents. We had the best base and all of us had armor and 600 health, yet 2 cops took us down.... because of a warrent....
02-12-2018, 05:28 PM
I think what he means is this would be good for cops because not all of them use discord and have each other’s discord or even div’s. 

I’m getting a little skeptical on the metal doors now. I do like it though because it would discourage solo raiding.
02-12-2018, 05:57 PM
False: The ECM works against the cops, not for them. Search warrant requests are delayed by the ECM Jammer.
02-12-2018, 07:40 PM
'JimmySuros dateline='' Wrote:  False: The ECM works against the cops, not for them. Search warrant requests are delayed by the ECM Jammer.

False: That's what I meant niggy nogg
02-12-2018, 11:08 PM
You can't claim few people will buy the door because /you don't know for sure/
02-12-2018, 11:24 PM
As far as I have seen, almost no one buys the door fortification that is present
02-13-2018, 12:50 PM
(Today 12:24 AM)'JimmySuros' Wrote:  As far as I have seen, almost no one buys the door fortification that is present

Except that there's a fundamental difference between what you suggest and the present door fortification. It's impervious to fists and non-prothief lockpicking. You cannot take any data from the traditional doors and draw an equivalency between them and your suggestion.
02-13-2018, 11:49 PM
I think you are right about that.
02-14-2018, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 10:23 AM by Gregg.)
(02-12-2018 05:21 PM)'JimmySuros' Wrote:  
The ECM main purpose is to make raiding easier. Discord is still OCC, btw, and its main purpose is to slow warrents. We had the best base and all of us had armor and 600 health, yet 2 cops took us down.... because of a warrent....

What I was saying is, ECM won't do much on raiding because regardless of it being allowed or not people still communicate on their own private Discord servers, so it won't disrupt communications. The only thing, and what I like, that the ECM can do is disrupt cops a bit. Messing with their group chat and warranting, I kinda like that, and would prefer the ECM focus on this rather than trying to disrupt normal communications and the radios/TVs. I feel I'd get an ECM a lot more if I could disrupt warrants against my base somehow.

[Image: cheekibreekisigapplynow.png]
(Leader | Click the image above to access our org page!)

02-14-2018, 03:52 PM
Should the ECM be able to disable the warrant gun as well?
Quick Reply