Divinity DarkRP
Players 56/128

Closed 
The current state of alliances
04-06-2018, 02:44 AM
(04-05-2018 03:35 PM)'Gregg' Wrote:  If the entire server wants peace then thats a natural decision.

Super Gay
"I CANNOT FIGHT THEM ALL ALONE" -Legend
[Image: fdcGAxd.jpg]
04-06-2018, 10:00 AM
(I know this is GD)
oof ayye okay I see where you are coming from moist. Tbh alliances do have pro and cons to the RP. Honestly, in my opinion, alliances just add more to the RP. Without it, we would just be factions all against eachother. But with it just think of all the RP choices you could get out of it. If you can have enemies then why cant there be allies amirite? If theres bad theres gotta be good. If we didnt have allies irl where would the US stand? You could make treaties, loans and have a basing aquaintance to help you when no org members are on. 
I dont think allies really mean friendship. Friendship can come from allies but allying doesnt mean friendship. Depends on the situation. But like idk thinking about getting rid of allies is just basically backspacing certain RP situations.
But I can agree with what u said new players with small bases have no chance. But thats just it, suvival of the fittest (going back to darwinism). It also gives learning opportunities. If you are always nice and not raiding people how will they improve? I think its pretty necessary for large org raids tbh. Helps with building defense. Like for Jaysea's base (not trying to boost his ego) but like his base is really hard for 30+ people to get thru. Thats why no one wants to raid it. And what influenced that is probably large raiding groups. 
So besides me rambling more in college instead of listening to my professor....
I like alliances but it comes with both pros and cons.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:16294157...und=000000]

- Ɓυт тнαт вιтcн ∂σηт єνєη ησтιcє мє. - ƇƬƐ  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
04-12-2018, 04:49 AM
So I still haven't seen what anyone wants to really do about it?

People are going to change their /job for rp relation and do stuff together, it's difficult to really stop anyone from doing that much less encourage them not to.

People get upsetti or miffed because they get raided and they pile in all of their friends in retaliation, this is just the mentality of the server and I don't think there is a way to change that.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:16678862...und=ff9633]
04-12-2018, 04:53 AM
(04-12-2018 04:49 AM)'Legacy' Wrote:  So I still haven't seen what anyone wants to really do about it?

People are going to change their /job for rp relation and do stuff together, it's difficult to really stop anyone from doing that much less encourage them not to.

People get upsetti or miffed because they get raided and they pile in all of their friends in retaliation, this is just the mentality of the server and I don't think there is a way to change that.

And I, personally, don't want this changed. I enjoy how it is! I don't think it's a bad thing!

"You've got to make a statement. You've got to look inside yourself and say: What am I willing to put up with today?" - Arin Hanson

"If you love someone, tell them you love 'em. And if you hate them, be sure to tell them 'fuck you', at every possible opportunity." - Danny Sexbang

"Don't make fame your goal. Make your goal doing what you do to the best of your ability, and that's something no one can take away from you." -Danny Sexbang

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzRcpXMIcA337WHnuJaEa...wom7ypi9UB][Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:40707380...und=00F7FF]
04-12-2018, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2018 07:40 PM by Gregg.)
Snip snip

[Image: 6eJsOqA.png]
04-12-2018, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2018 07:41 PM by Nyan.)
(04-12-2018 07:39 PM)'Gregg' Wrote:  Snip snip

But there isn't a solution for something like that.

Edit: nice

"You've got to make a statement. You've got to look inside yourself and say: What am I willing to put up with today?" - Arin Hanson

"If you love someone, tell them you love 'em. And if you hate them, be sure to tell them 'fuck you', at every possible opportunity." - Danny Sexbang

"Don't make fame your goal. Make your goal doing what you do to the best of your ability, and that's something no one can take away from you." -Danny Sexbang

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzRcpXMIcA337WHnuJaEa...wom7ypi9UB][Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:40707380...und=00F7FF]
Closed 
Quick Reply