Divinity DarkRP
Players 5/128

Event suggestions!
10-06-2018, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 10:54 AM by HarryFromSL.)
Unreal Tournament Event

1) Free-For-All Deathmatch

2) Everyone is high on weed (or has the weed jump effect)

3) Incredibly tall map (we need c18 for this lol)

4) Dome props that are set to a reverse fading door are placed around the map with a button adjacent to them, so that when pressed they proplaunch you in the air and serve as a really janky jump pad to higher levels of the map (some funny memes could result from this)

5) People do not spawn with weapons, but instead have to go to gun dealer and BMD labs placed around the map to get weapons (basic weapon pickup system)

6) Medlabs and armor labs are also placed around the map in a similar fashion to the weapon pickups, but are far more sparse

7) Participants are free to reenter the battle as soon as they respawn (no last-man-standing mechanics)

8) 3 rounds, each of them lasting 5 minutes

9) Person with the most kills at the end of a round wins that round
10-06-2018, 10:41 PM
(10-06-2018 04:21 PM)HarryFromSL Wrote:  Unreal Tournament Event

1) Free-For-All Deathmatch

2) Everyone is high on weed (or has the weed jump effect)

3) Incredibly tall map (we need c18 for this lol)

4) People do not spawn with weapons, but instead have to go to gun dealer and BMD labs placed around the map to get weapons (basic weapon pickup system)

5) Medlabs and armor labs are also placed around the map in a similar fashion to the weapon pickups, but are far more sparse

6) Participants are free to reenter the battle as soon as they respawn (no last-man-standing mechanics)

7) 3 rounds, each of them lasting 5 minutes

8) Person with the most kills at the end of a round wins that round

we tried that forever ago, or rather i and some other whatever did, and it failed pretty hard. the limitations of the gamemode, server lag, fps lag due to the map, etc. etc.

i wouldnt mind trying it again as i still have the dupe we used but uh.. it kinda failed sadly.

Senior Administator | Gregg

10-07-2018, 10:52 AM
(10-06-2018 10:41 PM)Gregg Wrote:  we tried that forever ago, or rather i and some other whatever did, and it failed pretty hard. the limitations of the gamemode, server lag, fps lag due to the map, etc. etc.

i wouldnt mind trying it again as i still have the dupe we used but uh.. it kinda failed sadly.

Lag probably wouldnt be as much of a problem now that our average playercount is lower, but yea a laggy map could hinder things a bit

10-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Mmm.

Dunno if this was suggested already.

Road Rampage event? Have a player in Airboat or that beep beep ba beep (Buggy is it? Go cart? That thing that Gordon used to run over CP and antlions... Anyway)

Instead of antlions or cp it's other players. Maybe have the model changed as sheldons? Similar to frogger?

[Image: xxhdeXu.png]
10-11-2018, 10:21 AM
(10-06-2018 06:41 PM)Gregg Wrote:  we tried that forever ago, or rather i and some other whatever did, and it failed pretty hard. the limitations of the gamemode, server lag, fps lag due to the map, etc. etc.

So its kinda like GMOD Battle Royale?

The One, The Only!

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:89411271...und=000000]
10-11-2018, 05:57 PM
(10-11-2018 06:21 AM)GlitchMaster™ Wrote:  So its kinda like GMOD Battle Royale?
No, its literally just deathmatch. Everybody kills each other and players instantly respawn.

10-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Temple run when?

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:57628426...und=000000]

[Image: jXrTRj.gif]
"Dear God, tinkle, tinkle, hoy!"

10-16-2018, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2018 11:17 PM by Gregg.)
(Thursday, 11th October, 2018 11:51 am)GlitchMaster™ Wrote:  So its kinda like GMOD Battle Royale?

what we did was 4 towers, and two teams were in a CTF kinda thing. it was based off unreal iirc.

issues were map limitations, small playing area, lag, fps issues, etc etc. i could prolly give it another go honestly, the person who made the dupe for our last trial is gone so id have to do it myself, prolly wont be as stunning but ill see about it cause it's definitely an interesting event to pull off in DarkRP. we have the stuff we need gameplay wise thanks to Div, just need to make sure it'd work on downtown, and not kill peoples frames / PC's with the massive props we used to make it look nice at least.

so yeah im prolly gonna be redoing a CTF style event again. anyone have any specific requests they'd want to see in terms of gameplay?

so far i am gonna see if there can be a way to emulate no gravity to enhance and make this event unique.

also it wont be halloween themed unfortunately, downtown just isnt that scary, what is scary is the thanos snapping recently :eyes:

Senior Administator | Gregg

Quick Reply