Divinity DarkRP
Players 38/128

Map changing to downtown temporarily
09-18-2018, 09:40 PM
This is very disappointing, this is a major down grade. I'd suggest running 2 servers if this one keeps, cause Im out. As long as this is the map im gone, so are my friends and my other accounts.

09-18-2018, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2018 12:18 AM by thedivinity.)
My problem with City 18 is I've hit such a developmental wall. I can't really do much more with like cool new features besides remaking stuff while with this map I was entertaining mining, fishing, bank vault, and vehicles. Maybe this is because I'm personally bored after playing the same map for 9 years. Like I said it in-game a few times and while I think others didn't believe me, I was bored as fuck with my own server and just checked in like once a day for 10 minutes to make sure server FPS wasn't on fire.

As far as it being big, I even said even though it's big I wouldn't mind having it edited somehow or someway to make it less huge.

I just don't understand why anyone would want C18 at this point in time. I got on a lot of times just to see 25 hobos running around, Berry with 8 other people in plaza just circlejerking and 3-5 buildings from hobos/vendors in plaza to the point that after initial spawn I'd walk into plaza and have my game stutter for 10 seconds. It wasn't even RP half the time, it was just a hangout in plaza server and it was frankly just fucking boring. What's the point anymore if you're just going to sit in plaza and do nothing? Yeah, people are getting bored on the new map at times and the same shit happens but I usually see them get in an airboat and fuck around or do something besides just sit in the plaza which already seems better/more entertaining than the squad of sitters.

At least this is a little more spread out and it's not just BuildRP or hell it wasn't even RP half the time and just sandbox with the shit that was built.

Obviously this is my personal opinion and whatever's decided I'll roll with but in short I think C18 at this point in time is stale as moldy ass cheeks.

(Yesterday 09:40 PM)Vulpes Wrote:  This is very disappointing, this is a major down grade. I'd suggest running 2 servers if this one keeps, cause Im out. As long as this is the map im gone, so are my friends and my other accounts.

Running two servers would basically have one server with 20-25 people on it and the other with 20-25 people on it or whatever server had more players would be the server with players on it that day and would just be fucky for the community in general.

Forgot to add, half the reason this map was chosen as well is because the lack of CSS assets. Every downtown/map usually has CSS assets required to even view the map properly and with how CS:GO has been the big CS game for years now most people don't even have CSS anymore so it was more trying to adapt to changing times.
09-19-2018, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2018 12:19 AM by Daniel Lovett.)
C18 has been turning into chill in plaza and hang out for a while now. It's not a bad map just very old and stale at this point.

What makes DivRP fun is all the custom content, the community, the staff, the memes, the uniqueness, etc.

People need to stop acting like c18 is the only good thing about DivRP, it's really grinding my gears.

I personally think c18 is unattractive to newer players because half the time none of them base or build a shop since all the pros know the map like the back of their hand and being a smaller map you get raided constantly it's very intimidating for newer users.

Typically when you get on the server and its c18 we got like 1-2 massive printer farm bases, 1 vendor business, then most of the server is just chilling in plaza.

Give it a chance people, sometimes change is a good thing especially since we've been on the c18 map for like 8+ years.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:21106751...und=000000]
09-19-2018, 12:41 AM
I understand what you're saying. Its my problem not yours. I was always around to do actual RP which would get wrecked all the time. Theres been some hard things in my life latley and I am upset that I must deal with the grief of another lost. I think DivinityRP has always been this kinda kool cat of the RP community and C18 is its essence, the map has a very mature quality and is vertical, I understand its hard for younger players to learn the map. I've grown up, I have a wife, and a 7 month baby. Im not some freerunning kid anymore, Ive become a man now. and with that means I have little time to play, and no room to be reckless. C18 was like my night life, I dont expect anyone to understand this, but I need it to be heard. I understand why you changed maps, I was a residential drafter and I can imagin what id be like to stare at the same concept for 10years. I still think such and overhaul could be avoided, ur in testing now, changing the rules is easy for creating a new atmosphere. no more hobo BIP, or no more hobos, Cops can be corrupt... wtv weak examples but the deck is yours, change the rules of the game is what I say. Anyways... it hurts, it sucks for me, but even though I dont know you, I wish you the best, you will be in my prayers. I hope u start to have fun again.

(Today 12:12 AM)thedivinity Wrote:  My problem with City 18 is I've hit such a developmental wall. I can't really do much more with like cool new features besides remaking stuff while with this map I was entertaining mining, fishing, bank vault, and vehicles. Maybe this is because I'm personally bored after playing the same map for 9 years. Like I said it in-game a few times and while I think others didn't believe me, I was bored as fuck with my own server and just checked in like once a day for 10 minutes to make sure server FPS wasn't on fire.

As far as it being big, I even said even though it's big I wouldn't mind having it edited somehow or someway to make it less huge.

I just don't understand why anyone would want C18 at this point in time. I got on a lot of times just to see 25 hobos running around, Berry with 8 other people in plaza just circlejerking and 3-5 buildings from hobos/vendors in plaza to the point that after initial spawn I'd walk into plaza and have my game stutter for 10 seconds. It wasn't even RP half the time, it was just a hangout in plaza server and it was frankly just fucking boring. What's the point anymore if you're just going to sit in plaza and do nothing? Yeah, people are getting bored on the new map at times and the same shit happens but I usually see them get in an airboat and fuck around or do something besides just sit in the plaza which already seems better/more entertaining than the squad of sitters.

At least this is a little more spread out and it's not just BuildRP or hell it wasn't even RP half the time and just sandbox with the shit that was built.

Obviously this is my personal opinion and whatever's decided I'll roll with but in short I think C18 at this point in time is stale as moldy ass cheeks.

Running two servers would basically have one server with 20-25 people on it and the other with 20-25 people on it or whatever server had more players would be the server with players on it that day and would just be fucky for the community in general.
Forgot to add, half the reason this map was chosen as well is because the lack of CSS assets. Every downtown/map usually has CSS assets required to even view the map properly and with how CS:GO has been the big CS game for years now most people don't even have CSS anymore so it was more trying to adapt to changing times.

Quick Reply