Divinity DarkRP
Players 38/128

Temporary Vehicles for downtown
09-13-2018, 07:30 PM
/title except we only use Source vehicles

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=104648051
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=104651870

These are the casual source engine vehicles and they run pretty well, I suggest that we add em for the time being.

[Image: 6eJsOqA.png]
[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:88995733...und=000000]
09-13-2018, 07:47 PM
There’s a reason why Div spawns in hl2 vehicles when the server has less than 30 players. I found an airboat blocking a tunnel into the subways once, it’s a chance for minges to block locations with vehicles which we cannot move if we are not of the proper rank. Sorry but -Support we have a train for a very good reason.

Say hello to my little friend. EXCALIBURRRR!
I actually prefer Mordred but eh.
[Image: tumblr_ngjaxdcdrg1t89rpeo1_500.gif]

My nicknames so far: Hagrid, Haygrid, HagrEEdo, Hagrido, Fagrido, Fagrid, Gaygrido, Gaygrid, Niggrid, Niggerido, Nigrido, NigrEEdo, Hag, FagrEEdo, FatgrEEdo, PedorEEdo,

(More nicknames coming soon!)
Please stop denigrating the staff members.
09-13-2018, 08:04 PM
Buy vehicles?

[Image: 6eJsOqA.png]
[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:88995733...und=000000]
09-13-2018, 09:09 PM
If the server keeps the map, we'll probably look into some kind of vehicle that isn't too mingey.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:16678862...und=ff9633]
09-13-2018, 10:49 PM
just add the jalopy
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=147633403

SpoilerShow
09-14-2018, 07:22 AM
Tractors?

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:88229813...und=000000]

[Image: g4xUHNT.png]
09-14-2018, 12:01 PM
Horses?

Aye lmaoe
09-15-2018, 06:07 PM
Reposting for visibility

(06-26-2018 11:31 AM)Grant Wrote:  Downtown has both. Not only does it have a shitton of apartments, but there is a body of water, and theres also a large underground area with multiple subway tunnels and sewers.

But here's the thing. If we are getting Downtown, we will need vehicles. And from there, we will need vehicle-oriented classes. We have a few approaches:

1. Player-driven taxis
There will be a new class called the Taxi Driver, and they spawn in a dedicated warehouse where taxis are spawned in for free. This warehouse is restricted to taxi drivers only. Taxi drivers can charge different fares based on distance, the quality of the taxi cab (speed, number of seats, HP), and their relationship to their clients (are the clients some randos? In their org? In fact, are they SPTs asking to be transported to the base of the taxi driver's org forsome reason?). A new command, /calltaxi or /ct, can be used to help guide taxi drivers to a client's location (/map will absolutely be needed considering the sameness and size of the map)

2. AI-driven bus system
There will be designated bus stops around the map, and the bus will have a constant fare. The bus is driven by the AI and may randomly select the next bus stop to drive to. It is a system that requires luck and patience to get around.

3. Teleport "bus system"
Going to a bus stop is pretty much going to a teleport hub. Just teleport to any other bus stop.

4. Car Dealerships
Everyone can buy a car from a new class, named the Car Dealer, who have the freedom to set up a dealership anywhere where it is possible. The Car Dealer can spawn in cars for a hefty price. The price changes depending on the mobility, durability, and seats of the car.

If we use SCars, we can expand this idea further. We can make the cars limited on gas, and make them repairable (if they are destroyed, using a repair tool on them can restore them to full health, however the car WILL disappear a short time after being destroyed).
4a. A second new class named the Mechanic who can repair the car and sell gas canisters for refueling.
4b. Merge the mechanic's abilities (see above) with the Car Dealer.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:83586596...und=FFD500]
Lieutenant of The Essence (#1 org)
My Perms: Elites, Big Pocket, 357, Extra Printer, Extra Props(1), Surrender, Katana, Fists, Extra Ammo (1) ($8,175,000 total)

Long live the Alliance! (71st Street Kings + Essence)

Useful shit:
- Callout Maps

- A guide on genomes
- Adjustable price charts for vendors
- Perms and credit shop guide

Quick Reply