Divinity DarkRP
Players 47/128

Ingame Economy Overview
10-30-2018, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2018 11:36 AM by Jazz Joyce.)
The following information was gathered via the leaderboard on 10/30/2018
These figures fluxuate daily and should not be cited as anything more than an empirical measure

Here are some fun findings while reveiwing 500 (The max leaderboard shows) players, comprising roughly 95% of active players, the other percent are below the poverty line or minge players.  For inactive players alone, there is more than likely around $160 Million locked away.  Those below the poverty line may hold as much as $250 Million.  Thats alot of unseen money!
  LEADER BOARD
The barrier for entry to the leaderboard when it first started was as low as $9 Million;
• Today the barrier for entry to the leaderboard is $30 Million (Not counting div) 
An early leader of the board lead with only $18 Million
• Today 34 people would be financially qualified to be on the original leaderboard, given the range of atleast $9 Million
• 13 Players would be able to hold or exceed 1st place when the leaderboard started
• Soon after the creation of the leaderboard, printery sophistication and price per both jumped from an average of $8K/Printer to the current $12K/Printer.  Both these numbers are derived from Org based advertisments of the day, Im sorry if you feel the current average isnt $12K/Printer...
• Soon after the creation of the leaderboard, the average hire rate went from $75 - $100 up to an industry average $250. 
   (I must devulge involvment in this practice, but an outward reception did occur :/)

META FACTS
Currently, the ingame economy has about $2,135,671,749,
Incase that doesn't seem big, thats 2 billion 135 million 671 thousand 749 dollars!

• The leader has double that of the person in 5th; This trend has been accurate on average since early 2016
• The top 5 Players each own $100 Million or more, in total $733,875,906 (34.363%) of the entire economy
• The top 10 Players each own $30 Million or more, in total $974,017,722 (45.607%) of the entire economy
• The top 20 Players each own $13 Million or more, in total $1,154,063,834 (54.038%) of the entire economy
• The top 360 Players control $2 Billion of the economy

• Google, Apple, Facebook and NVIDIA are the most purchased (Real) stocks by the upper 50 players by survey.  These stocks offer high yeilds for large pay-ins and are ideal for making a days money.  See Googles Stocks currently and notice the fluxuations daily!

BASE METRICS
• If a full, good-quality printery with zero raids is able to produce $800K/HR, it would take 111.23 Days, or almost 4 Months, of constant farming and buying to recreate the entirity of the economy again, not including uncounted sections mentioned before.
• A good printery can expect to spend $315K+ on printers and supplies (not including repeated food ship purchases) on start
• The fastest ive seen a printery fill up 2 racks through buying is just under 3 hours

• Security for a printery, even a minor one can be vastly cheaper than let on: 
       2 Mediocore rando guards or mercs hired for $200 can dampen 78% of all raids recorded, failed a deployable
       4 Mediocore rando guards or mercs hired for $200 can dampen 83% of all raids recorded, beat a deployable
        (Recorded raids were conducted with the BFF org bases)
• So why spend any money or time with guards / mercs?
      - Spending $6K on basics such as food, alternate weapons, drugs, milk, armor, etc was proven to increase intrest and dedication
      - Guards/Mercs hired for over $300 for boring tasks lasted half as long as guards paid $600, and those guards lasted half aslong as the guards paid $1,200. Money = Focus
      - Guards/Mercs hired for over $300 for exciting/intresting/raid work came back substantially more than those paid at base level.
      - Guards/Mercs hired for over $600 for exciting/intresting/raid work came back three times as often as those hired for $300.
      - Guards/Mercs hire for over $1,000 for exciting/intresting/raid work, ESP Private Army Work, came back almost every time, in some cases giving such allegiance as to carry out actions unhired.
      - Guards/Mercs hire for over $2,000 for "hurt locker" style raid work, ESP Private Army Work, such as planting deployables, heroin raiding, commit-to-die defence/assaults, General low life expectancy work, Workers will come back 90% on the first time, 83% the second time, 77% the third time, 61% the fourth time, on the fifth time they either figure out the task or give up from shear effort.
     - The cost to run an 8 person private army with almost stock supplies for 1 hour can be lower than $60K.
     - If organized and armed, I predict hitmen can be a more efficent means of security given attention from any one person.  Arming a hitman with body armor, a P90, FiveseveN, Katana, x3 Milk is more deadly than a Guard/Merc of the same shearly because hits are faster/more subtle than warnings, and disguising is free for hitmen.

• Voted by my Guards/Mercs, when given a free choice of weapons asside from those provided by jobs, for general use, the Glock, UMP45, and Pump Shotgun are the best subsitute weapons that can be provided.  A close second was the SG552 and SG550, but price was an issue.
• Voted by my Guards/Mercs, when given a free choice of weapons reguardless of price: the M249 Para, Auto Shotgun, P90, SG552, HL2 Shotgun, and MP7 (hl2 SMG) were general favourites.  The MP7 has become extremely viable recently given its ability to accept grenades.  The price of MP7's may also fall after this post.  I would feel safe in saying that if the price of the MP7 reaches below $1K, it will become one of the most purchased weapons flat out.
  MISC

• If the max bet is $50 Million, and you have to have that money to gamble, you are already in the top 8 players.
• The top 6 players can only do 2 $50 Million gambles, the top 2 players can do 4 of those gambles each!
• If you are in the top 54 Players, and you gamble $5 Million, 6 times in a row, winning all of them, you not only have made it to the top 11, you have made a less than 3% chance of doing so.
• Gambling with rolls at 55% house odds theoretically can make enough money to be profitable given a constant stream of similar bets
• Being the leaderboard starts the percent chance of people asking or threating you for free Millions in game.  At my peak, I was getting asked that on average 28 times every 2 hours.  Thats more than 10 messages in 60 minutes, think about that frequencey...
• If the jackpot range were 1 - 100, participation and winnings would be higher according to surveyed players
• The most popular lotto is about $5K
  JOBS OVERVIEW
• The best job currently to play for NPC based money is Drug Dealer, ESP if you get the Meth Perm
• The best job currently to play for Player based money is Black Market Dealer, Someones gotta do it fuckers.
• Aside from new items for BMD, the best hope for new sources of cash are in OIL or perhaps Medic but thats a stretch....• Gundealer recently has become very profitable to play, please dont let the noobs be the only people playing!!!

MOVING FORWARD
So whats the future of the economy?
• The richest player on the leaderboard will continue to climb in the hundreds of thousands.  The next biggest player will have $295 Million and be unable to break $300 Million in a characteristic evasion of gambling near round numbers...
• We will see a Billionair in the next 3 years, assuming the community keeps going...
• The lowest leaderboard players will soon become on average just under $50 Million, making the max bet more accessable with time.
• Money will continue to be locked away with noob, one-time, minge, or banned players.  There are Millions locked in unused accounts :/
• The richest player will most likely continue to be Nico White at $223.58 Million.  If they are smart, they will play stocks not lottos.... 

What do you think about these facts?
Comments? Questions? Concerns? Corrections?
I want to hear them below!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jazz  Joyce
Sorry, I had to do it to 'em
$56 Mill ~ 2016
$224 Mil ~ 2017
$142 Mil ~ 2018
$42 Mil ~ 6/9/18
<$1 Mil ~ 7/23/18
New Wealth Record 11/15
Nico White $360M
  • |KoT|
  • <{LoIN}>
About Jazz:
Stats | Org | Bans
LeaderBoard | OrgBoard
Search SteamID
In-Game
10-31-2018, 02:04 AM
How long have you been collecting data?
How did you obtain data?
Have you told anyone about this project?
Is this project the reason why you're AFK so much?
Is it possible to get to #1 in the leaderboard without gambling?

Also, great job on this.

[Image: quTWQ0a.png]
SpoilerShow
10-31-2018, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2018 10:56 AM by Stitch.)
money wipe when

money wipe when
10-31-2018, 11:34 PM
(10-31-2018 02:04 AM)SkippyTheMoonRock Wrote:  How long have you been collecting data?
How did you obtain data?
Have you told anyone about this project?
Is this project the reason why you're AFK so much?
Is it possible to get to #1 in the leaderboard without gambling?

Also, great job on this.

(10-31-2018 10:56 AM)Stitch Wrote:  money wipe when
money wipe when

The questions presented present fair obervations...
Yes, and No, Respectively

Jazz  Joyce
Sorry, I had to do it to 'em
$56 Mill ~ 2016
$224 Mil ~ 2017
$142 Mil ~ 2018
$42 Mil ~ 6/9/18
<$1 Mil ~ 7/23/18
New Wealth Record 11/15
Nico White $360M
  • |KoT|
  • <{LoIN}>
About Jazz:
Stats | Org | Bans
LeaderBoard | OrgBoard
Search SteamID
In-Game
11-02-2018, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2018 06:19 PM by Blacky Sleepless.)
I strongly support a money reset since alot of rich people and people that has like wealth have left and yeah

11-02-2018, 06:28 PM
gib monie reset
11-02-2018, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2018 11:04 PM by Daniel Lovett.)
(11-02-2018 06:19 PM)Blacky Sleepless Wrote:  I strongly support a money reset since alot of rich people and people that has like wealth have left and yeah

What would a money wipe really do at this point for the server besides make people who have been saving for years/months be all for nothing?

Here is an idea. People with a ton of excess money could do something with it for the server/community (forum give aways, help donate towards events, etc) instead of just accumulating more and more for no reason except to be top in the leaderboard and take peoples entire wallets in gambles.

People with little to no RP cash could actually get on the server and farm or rp as vendor jobs etc if they want to earn more money instead of trying to bring the top 360 players down to their level.

Instead of doing these things which could improve player count, forum activity, and spread the wealth around; lets just say screw it and erase everyones money cause that will some how making everything about DarkRP super interesting for everyone if we all start with $0 again? I don't think this would really solve or improve anything on the server seems like a solution, but for what problem? Inactive rich players? Equal wealth distribution in an economy for a semi serious RP community? Am I missing something here?

Let me entertain the idea that we did do a wipe. Wouldn't people just be doing the same thing they have been for years and hording their RP cash so they can hold the first place title in the leaderboards or feel special? Isn't there a good possibility it will make active players who have saved millions a bit upset and not see the point in raiding or basing anymore since all their progress can just be wiped so the economy feels more balanced? Since when is an economy fair or completely balanced?

What would this change or improve on the server? If you have some good reasons for a money reset, please share them I'm curious.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:21106751...und=000000]
11-02-2018, 11:13 PM
(11-02-2018 10:46 PM)Daniel Lovett Wrote:  What would a money wipe really do at this point for the server besides make people who have been saving for years/months be all for nothing?

Here is an idea. People with a ton of excess money could do something with it for the server/community (forum give aways, help donate towards events, etc) instead of just accumulating more and more for no reason except to be top in the leaderboard and take peoples entire wallets in gambles.

People with little to no RP cash could actually get on the server and farm or rp as vendor jobs etc if they want to earn more money instead of trying to bring the top 100 down to their level.

Instead of doing these things which could improve player count, forum activity, and spread the wealth around; lets just say screw it and erase everyones money cause that will some how making everything about DarkRP super interesting for everyone if we all start with $0 again? I don't think this would really solve or improve anything on the server seems like a solution, but for what problem? Inactive rich players? Equal wealth distribution in an economy for a semi serious RP community? Am I missing something here?

Let me entertain the idea that we did do a wipe. Wouldn't people just be doing the same thing they have been for years and hording their RP cash so they can hold the first place title in the leaderboards or feel special?

What would this change or improve on the server? If you have some good reasons for a money reset, please share them I'm curious.

For someone who has spent over a year to get to where they are, I've thought of this for a very long time. At first, I was agaisnt it. I wouldn't want a year and a half of farming wasted. I kind of thought about it for a few days though, and came to some conclusions.

First; If a reset were to occur you would get some amount. As of now you start with 20k when first joining so that could be a good start.

What would this do? A lot I would believe. People who have money mansions would be getting straight to work doing basing, and buying a lot. With in the first few weeks, the only thing major orgs would do is farm, as raiding would be too risky. This also gives players that are new a better basing experience as the colossal orgs would be basing.

Things like buying cash credits could/would be refunded, disabling buying money via credits for a certain amount of time, or a specific amount of cash. This way you wouldn't have a Monopoly from people who spent hundereds on cash. Hats should also be restricted for selling, until a certain cash amount is met or buying another hat. The first few weeks should be very fair game.

A problem I would see is events having no money to be used, but I feel if something like this were to ever happen, events should be at a halt as giving someone 200k would be a bad idea. Maybe after a month or 2 events would become relevant again. I also wouldn't be against just spawning in money for events. Regular events like tdm and mortal kombat should be okay.

Also, when a reset like this would happen you can never make everyone happy. So a good idea would be to add a big feature or a good amount of small but interesting features. I'd also like to suggest an endgame goal, like something that would take a while to get.

Probably one of the biggest reasons I wouldn't mind a reset anymore is to see more rp interaction. When we have a good amount of players on a portion just idle in plaza or walk around mindlessly. This would change that, making people do jobs to get money passively or directly. 

I personally think this would be for a better cause, and something like this shouldn't be reasoned from some player stealing all of the servers money, but for a new beginning.

When you win any mortal kombat.
[Image: 98b.gif]
11-03-2018, 06:56 AM
Problem as I see it is that alot of people with alot of cash have left and the most other rich people on the server other than me wont do these events and so on, but it would be a great idea if that would work but it really wont.

11-03-2018, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2018 10:31 PM by Daniel Lovett.)
(11-03-2018 06:56 AM)Blacky Sleepless Wrote:  Problem as I see it is that alot of people with alot of cash have left and the most other rich people on the server other than me wont do these events and so on, but it would be a great idea if that would work but it really wont.

I think a money reset is a bandaid on a bigger wound. People think a money reset would increase RP interaction and get everyone farming and basing again.
Sure, maybe for a little while but the issue still stands most people don't base/raid not because they're ultra rich but because a lot of them got tired of basing/raiding plain and simple. Aside from perms/gambling what do ultra rich people spend their hard earned cash on?

If you yourself are willing to contribute and you think it's a good idea, you should and it would work! Just doing a 1 mil giveaway on the forums would be a nice gesture.
I think the issue is a lot of the ultra rich players don't know what to do with their money and they don't want to share it. Spread the wealth, do a giveaway.

Biggest give away I've ever seen on here was 100 mil and now it's just sitting in someones wallet who doesn't play here anymore.
This is part of the issue with unused money is the people who have way more than anyone could ever spend or need do nothing with it besides save regardless if they play here or not.

Obviously they don't have to cause its their money fair and square right? This is true, but that's the kind of mentality that keeps large amounts of money locked away and unused.

Considering the Senior Admin rank was recently added I think it would be a big mistake to basically make hosting events unfeasible for months if everyone is at $20,000 again.

Main reason people join events is for the rewards and because its something different to do on the server. Maybe if someone proposed a reset years ago I'd be more open minded but I think it's a bit late to be doing something as drastic as resetting the economy. Gmod has maybe a year or 2 of life left for the most part. Lets not do a major rollback on a hunch that it would make everything better for a few weeks or months.

Only compromise I could see would be testing a reset and see how it goes but even then I personally don't believe it would change a lot, who knows I could be wrong.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:21106751...und=000000]
11-05-2018, 10:20 AM
(11-03-2018 03:19 PM)Daniel Lovett Wrote:  I think a money reset is a bandaid on a bigger wound. People think a money reset would increase RP interaction and get everyone farming and basing again.
Sure, maybe for a little while but the issue still stands most people don't base/raid not because they're ultra rich but because a lot of them got tired of basing/raiding plain and simple. Aside from perms/gambling what do ultra rich people spend their hard earned cash on?

If you yourself are willing to contribute and you think it's a good idea, you should and it would work! Just doing a 1 mil giveaway on the forums would be a nice gesture.
I think the issue is a lot of the ultra rich players don't know what to do with their money and they don't want to share it. Spread the wealth, do a giveaway.

Biggest give away I've ever seen on here was 100 mil and now it's just sitting in someones wallet who doesn't play here anymore.
This is part of the issue with unused money is the people who have way more than anyone could ever spend or need do nothing with it besides save regardless if they play here or not.

Obviously they don't have to cause its their money fair and square right? This is true, but that's the kind of mentality that keeps large amounts of money locked away and unused.

Considering the Senior Admin rank was recently added I think it would be a big mistake to basically make hosting events unfeasible for months if everyone is at $20,000 again.

Main reason people join events is for the rewards and because its something different to do on the server. Maybe if someone proposed a reset years ago I'd be more open minded but I think it's a bit late to be doing something as drastic as resetting the economy. Gmod has maybe a year or 2 of life left for the most part. Lets not do a major rollback on a hunch that it would make everything better for a few weeks or months.

Only compromise I could see would be testing a reset and see how it goes but even then I personally don't believe it would change a lot, who knows I could be wrong.

Sounds like we need more builders.

[Image: giphy.gif]

How about them brooms?
Today, 11:18 AM
(10-31-2018 05:14 AM)Jazz Joyce Wrote:  • The richest player will most likely continue to be Nico White at $223.58 Million. If they are smart, they will play stocks not lottos....
this has aged very poorly

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:26180360...und=4FFF69]
Quick Reply