Divinity DarkRP
Players 12/128

Closed 
Tools Sgua's Basic Building with Easy Precision Guide
02-06-2019, 01:28 AM
Introduction

Hi! Today in this thread I’m going to go over one of the simplest things ever, building with Easy Precision. For some reason I always have people asking me “How do you get your props so perfect?” and Easy Precision is the easiest way to do this. Of course you can use your physgun but that takes more time from my experience but hey, look at Reid. He’s a master at building with his physgun and I honestly don’t know how. Anyways let’s get to the point. 

NOTE: I will only go over what I feel is actually useful and it will be very basic.

Basics

To start off, let’s learn the basics of this simple tool. There are different modes and here's a screenshot of them.

[Image: yPvhwjN.png]

All of them can be used in builds but to be truthful, I only use the Apply, Move, and Push / Pull mode so that’s all I’m gonna cover in this guide. 

Apply Mode

Apply Mode in itself also has different modes, you can apply things to your prop. The list of what you can do is here

[Image: dqMqEqS.png]

The main ones that really matter for building are the ones that I have checked, the rest are kind of whatever. The first box is pretty self explanatory and for the second option I like to use it to straighten out my props without using my physgun, so you just click it with that on the apply setting and it’ll adjust the prop to be straight.

Move Mode

The little description it gives in the title is the truth, this mode is really great for building. This is the mode I use the most. First you want to target the prop you want to move, you can use smart snap to help you line up the props even better and then you click on the prop you want to move it on to (The prop that isn’t going to move). Here’s an example.

It’s great for aligning props to have no cracks.

Push / Pull Mode

[Image: rUr2VRg.png]

This mode is really good for when you already have a prop where you want it but you just need to budge it over slightly.You can push the prop by the percentage you have set using right click and you can pull it by the percentage using R.  I made a chart for push and pull percentages on 2 different PHX props. The red text is for the models/hunter/plates/plate2x2.mdl prop and the green text is for the models/hunter/plates/plate1x1.mdl prop.

[Image: l7ZKbya.jpg]

Conclusion

This tool is really easy to use and it can make your builds look nice and neat. Even though it’s really easy to use I still get people asking me how I do things so I figured I’d make a guide since there wasn’t already one. I might update this guide in the future if I find my self using other modes of this tool but this is what I use at the momenet. Hopefully I was able to help, thanks for reading.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:36703022...und=FF70FF]
02-06-2019, 04:11 AM
Thanks I never really played with the tool just found out about the move thing.

[Image: zkdkN6r.jpg]

[Image: gaJXENL.jpg]
02-06-2019, 11:47 AM
Bruh its just pressing right click and r
02-06-2019, 11:48 AM
don't forget to use the ruler tool more often

An in-progress /pof/ story by me: NEET to Neat.

[Image: quTWQ0a.png]
[Image: TAUdBHK.png]

SpoilerShow
02-06-2019, 12:06 PM
(02-06-2019 11:47 AM)Dmitri Wrote:  Bruh its just pressing right click and r

Not quite. There's a lot of things you can do with easy precision like removing prop shadows and making entities collide with only players. 

[Image: 4wZBYB7.png]
Closed 
Quick Reply