Divinity DarkRP
Players 35/128

Job: Plastic Surgeon
02-10-2019, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2019 08:42 PM by Roses.)
Per staff board discussion about jokingly adding the Face Poser tool to admin+

Idea is originally by @Daniel Lovett

Quote for some context & reasoning.

(Today 03:45 PM)Roses Wrote:  Actually? I think your plastic surgeon job idea is even better.

I think there's something special about the novelty of the Movie Theater Manager job in that it's neither a raider, a vendor, a cop, a criminal, or anything of the sort. They just exist in their own little bubblespace without really infringing on the territory of any other, serving as just a fun little entertainment class. I think that it's not a bad idea to have more jobs that foot such a bill, and I think the plastic surgeon would certainly go with that.

Things like the Movie Theater Manager, the dab SWEP, vape pens and fidget spinners, these are all fun little quality of life aspects that don't have any real impact on the server but they're still fun to play. I think this is a medium of creativity we should explore more often.

One-slot job that can use /plasticsurgery or /surg to open some HUD dialogue that allows you to mess with the dials and scales to change up someone's face. I'd perhaps restrict the intensity meter to a certain amount as some faces can become glitched after a certain point if you crank max intensity.

EDIT: Bonus points if we actually did turn him into a raiding class for the sole purpose of being able to forcefully operate on his captives just for the fucking meme.

Details:
SpoilerShow

I'd give him the same models the Doctor uses.

Mind you that he doesn't have to be a raiding job but I feel it could be neat.

oh god oh fuck
mspaint artisté - shitpost connoisseur
[Image: newsig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:16777112&am...;team=hobo]
02-11-2019, 12:36 PM
This would be a fresh and creative job that people would enjoy to mess around with.

Instead of the plastic surgeon being allowed to raid, maybe he should simply be allowed to kidnap players?

Would be pretty funny for RP to see in advert a plastic surgeon holding someone for ransom or he will give them an ugly face for the rest of their life.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

This kind of job would be unique and serve a dual purpose as a service job who can provide people with funny faces for RP cash or be evil and kidnap the players of C18 for his plastic surgery experiments/ransom. I think it's definitely worth considering if there are no issues to adding it besides it not being compatible with some player models.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:21106751...und=000000]
02-11-2019, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2019 01:10 PM by OoGaBooGaMan.)
[Image: CvTOJhA.gif]

[Image: y1IXoHl.gif]

Jesus? It's me, OoGa. If you love Divinity, you'll make this happen.

[Image: 0V2lCnk.png]
02-11-2019, 08:08 PM
(Today 10:36 AM)Daniel Lovett Wrote:  This would be a fresh and creative job that people would enjoy to mess around with.

Instead of the plastic surgeon being allowed to raid, maybe he should simply be allowed to kidnap players?

Would be pretty funny for RP to see in advert a plastic surgeon holding someone for ransom or he will give them an ugly face for the rest of their life.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

This kind of job would be unique and serve a dual purpose as a service job who can provide people with funny faces for RP cash or be evil and kidnap the players of C18 for his plastic surgery experiments/ransom. I think it's definitely worth considering if there are no issues to adding it besides it not being compatible with some player models.

Sort of what I meant, considering that all the jobs that can kidnap are raiding jobs I figured this would also be considered a raiding job were they able to kidnap.

oh god oh fuck
mspaint artisté - shitpost connoisseur
[Image: newsig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:16777112&am...;team=hobo]
02-11-2019, 08:11 PM
I like the idea of just a fun job, nothing too serious, just some harmless fun like kidnapping someone and making them beautiful.

[Image: P6pf9sf.png]
dude the top image was made by reid the cool guy

[Image: k3pEZnX.png]
very cool signature made by sgua my good friend

Yesterday, 12:07 PM
+support definitely, there's not much of a way to abuse this one.

Another suggestion is to have a temporary one (lasts until you log off) and a permanent one which will cost as much as any perm (thinkin around 500,000$).

Temporary one would be best for the economy tho lol
Quick Reply