Divinity DarkRP
Players 22/128

Jared Discord Ban Appeal Pt. 2
02-27-2019, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2019 12:45 AM by Roses.)
If he's trusted enough to be a mod he should be trusted enough to use one of the platforms we use in our community to socialize and communicate.

Dancing around this ban appeal touching our lips going 'oohhh i don't know man...' is kinda chickenshit, just unban the guy and reban him if he continues to be retarded. Quit being so uptight like he's going to mass RDM the discord server or something. He played a stupid game, he won a stupid prize, and seeing the length of time since the ban I think he's paid his dues.

We're talking about the discord for crying out loud and considering he's entrusted to moderate the server again I was half expecting this appeal to be more of a Yolanda Squatpump name change appeal meme than anything else.

@Jared From Subway Don't be a shit in the future.

(02-26-2019 02:42 AM)Jaysea Wrote:  I honestly don't think the way this appeal is worded makes you think you're taking it seriously. You probably are taking it seriously, but not a lot of effort seems to be put in. I know it's a discord ban appeal but still. Yeah you've been a decent moderator this last month but I feel like progress can still be made on your journey of not being a meme.

He included only the necessary information and didn't meme. I'm honestly more pleased that he just cut out the fluff and went straight to the point. That isn't "unserious". That's just choosing not to beat around the bush.
02-27-2019, 09:23 PM
considering how the server has a tradition of calling people niggers, dog eating peanut butter outta ur ass is cool, not cool but cool.
no cool but cool not cool.

cool.

+support

[Image: LbqKw1Z.png]
02-28-2019, 12:29 AM
(02-27-2019 05:08 AM)Roses Wrote:  He included only the necessary information and didn't meme.

Yet he had to make sure everyone knew exactly why he got banned. That's like me saying "Be right back, I'm going to the bathroom." Then coming back and saying I took a 13 inch shit with corn chunks in it from last friday's meal. Leaned up on the side of the bowl like the leaning tower of shitza. Had to flush that sucker three times to get it to go down. And that was after I took a plunger and broke it all up.

Like, nobody fucking cares. Why even say it.
I just want to say, I don't think Jared makes good decisions and he never will. It's always "if he messes up again". Fuck that. I appreciate his ability to tone it down while performing in-game administrative duties, but overall I don't really see all that much improvement. Maybe I'm looking through some fucking dirty glasses or something and that makes me a dick. I don't know.

And I get the point you make about a staff member being trusted and all that. But at the end of the day I think it comes down to whether or not I feel like the supers are going to have to handle another fuckup, and quite honestly I would say yes. I'm not going to deny this because I'm probably being a mega cunt. Either way, good luck.

[Image: 9tXYVxl.png]
02-28-2019, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2019 02:33 AM by Roses.)
(02-28-2019 12:29 AM)Death Wrote:  Yet he had to make sure everyone knew exactly why he got banned. That's like me saying "Be right back, I'm going to the bathroom." Then coming back and saying I took a 13 inch shit with corn chunks in it from last friday's meal. Leaned up on the side of the bowl like the leaning tower of shitza. Had to flush that sucker three times to get it to go down. And that was after I took a plunger and broke it all up.

Like, nobody fucking cares. Why even say it.
I just want to say, I don't think Jared makes good decisions and he never will. It's always "if he messes up again". Fuck that. I appreciate his ability to tone it down while performing in-game administrative duties, but overall I don't really see all that much improvement. Maybe I'm looking through some fucking dirty glasses or something and that makes me a dick. I don't know.

And I get the point you make about a staff member being trusted and all that. But at the end of the day I think it comes down to whether or not I feel like the supers are going to have to handle another fuckup, and quite honestly I would say yes. I'm not going to deny this because I'm probably being a mega cunt. Either way, good luck.

I get that, I just feel like we should be a tad more forgiving when it comes to the discord as, while it is a privledge to use, it is a platform that our community uses as a medium for which to interact with one another and we as staff also use it to communicate and inform the rest of us. Most if not all members of the staff team should be expected to use it (and not abuse it, mind recent events with another staff member) and I recognize that if certain members do abuse it that privledge is stripped. However, according to my knowledge, this happened some time ago and I don't think it's entirely fair to hold him to that still. The worst that happens is he says or posts something stupid, we groan, he gets banned from the discord again and he waits to appeal again. Shouldn't be handled much unlike the server's bans- usually when something's just our response is "Wait it out" and we lock it down, make 'em sit and wait. I think Jared's waited it out.

I'm hesitant to label anyone with an "always has always will" staple ever again because the last person I did that with was Eevee and he did end up never changing (I've encountered him on other communities and he's still the same as he was when he was getting himself banned at Div) and I don't want to be right about that again. I think there's still time for Jared because, unlike Eevee, Jared is at least respectable and adjusted enough to uphold his actions on server for moderation purposes. That already puts him a step ahead in the right direction. I also recall that once upon a time I was regarded as an always has always will, and I can safely say that I've reverted from that.

To say the least, I'd rather give him that chance than deny it with precognition.

Definitely agree that describing what it was that he said that got him banned might've been a poor choice but I don't think it was in that vain of thought, more or less I think he was just trying to confirm the facts to uninvolved parties so that we could give a proper judgement. But that could have been accomplished without the more grotesque details, surely. Your bitterness is well reasoned likely through experience with dealing with Jared (something I have little of) and I assure that while you might think you're coming off hardass it's not hard to become frustrated with people who do stuff like this. I think we can both find solace in the agreement that this whole appeal- the cause of the ban, Jared's past actions, the whole enchilada- is just utter shit no matter which way you flip it.

If he does it again, he gets banned from the discord. Again. And then you can sue me. But I think it's important we're a bit more lenient with appealing bans to the discord, especially with staff, as they should be expected to use it to communicate regularly. I don't know Jared well, my only concern as far as supporting his unban is to ensure that he can respond if and when we need staff on hand or we want to do something akin to a community meeting or a staff meeting, where we'd want as many staff present as possible.

Though as a blanket statement I feel like it's important that staff should be trusted enough not to do this sort of behavior. If you still believe that he'd do something like this in the discord, why did you make him a staff member again? That feels like a bit heavier of a responsibility than the trust to not post dumb things in discord.

Sorry for the large post, I didn't realize it was this big until I finished posting.
02-28-2019, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2019 04:20 PM by Jared From Subway.)
(02-28-2019 12:29 AM)Death Wrote:  Yet he had to make sure everyone knew exactly why he got banned.

now that i look back on it i do believe it was a dumb decision to explain it in detail but i also believe it was my shit sense of humor to shine some light on what i did to get banned for people to understand what i did wrong

also sorry if i'm not responding to this like i probably should, i just feel like if i do then what i say might be seen as a joke and not help the situation

[Image: z3vKGfO.png]
Jared From Subway (STEAM_0:1:85896379) has been banned for 0 Minutes by Legacy the Duck for the reason "not eating fresh"

Jared From Subway

Perms because i'm unoriginal

Fists
Vape
Surrender
Cdm
Knife
Katana
Hl2 Pistol
Prop Increase
Ammo Increase
Crowbar
Extra Printer
Pocket Increase
TTS
Elites
Snowball
Camera
Stun Stick
Glock
Frame Increase
Storage Increase
Camera Increase
02-28-2019, 07:08 PM
(02-25-2019 06:51 PM)Suga Wrote:  Can you elaborate on why? Just curious.

Just think that history will repeat its self. That's all. It tends to do that a lot for our players. I'm more than ready to be proved wrong, however.

[ON BBL STATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE]

"Kaizoku-o ni ore wa naru!"
[Image: awCqeHJ.gif]
02-28-2019, 10:19 PM
I might be an annoying prick to at least 40% of the staff, but damn you messed up hard with that peanut butter thing.

+Support

[Image: 0Xjz8Hi.png]

03-11-2019, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2019 11:15 AM by Roses.)
Can we get a verdict on this? I can't highlight anymore the importance of ensuring staff members have access to the discord and now with community meetings coming back that exemplifies my point.

If they're not trusted to be a part of the community discord server, they shouldn't be staff. And we've made the decision to trust Jared with staff- something that he has done well, I might add.
03-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Sure.

Accept, don't do anything dumb pls.
Quick Reply