Divinity DarkRP
Players 36/128

For Those Who Remember [TASK REVAMP]
04-14-2019, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2019 06:37 PM by Jared From Subway.)
For Those Who Remember. By Jared F. Subway

It was a calm day in Divinity Roleplay, it was the mid to late part of 2018 when Death decided to add a new system.
"This system will change the world!" he said, hopeful as ever. "New players will be able to experience the server in a peaceful way."
At first this system was quite mysterious but also popular for it had a high reward. "50 tasks for 25k-1,000,000? sign me up!" said an enthusiastic Jared From Subway.
New players got a kick out of this system too, high reward and experience on the server. It offered and alternative to the farming meta which was quite boring.
The server benefited from having so many players on for so long, doing such tasks.
Although people did complain about the difficulty of the task which could be what caused the next part of our story
on a dark gloomy day... something changed... Death decided to "touch up" the task system. Players were confused at first and worried of what the changes could mean.
"This system was meant for new players! not for you to get so much money from it!!" he said, mad at how much money people were making.
And with a snap... the prizes were made even less than what they were. The tasks where made into seperate stages and made parts of it even longer or more difficult for a fracton of the previous reward, it instead went from 25k-1,000,000 to 25k - 333k, even the easiest tasks which were only 15 compared to the 75 for the hardest was only 75k max.
Players were outraged, everyone stopped doing tasks and as a result people stopped talking about them and eventually forget about them completely, another result from this was the fact that new players didn't hear about it as much. When there was a lot of activity on tasks you could see in ooc people were asking "what are tasks?" which would lead them down a rabbit hole of some difficult, some easy tasks that they could do for a large sum of money.
Now tasks are a husk of what they once were. The server suffers from this loss....

TL:DR: Tasks were good, bring them back
all i ask is that if what you had in mind was for new players to experience the server with tasks then bring back the high rewards for them, go back to the old system, or make the elite level reward actually worth the time and effort put into it... please!
this will certainly keep my coming back to the server and it will help spread awareness of this "tutorial" for new players to have fun with, it shows that we're not just any other server where all you can do is base and raid but you can enjoy the server outside of being a primal ape.

[Image: z3vKGfO.png]
Jared From Subway (STEAM_0:1:85896379) has been banned for 0 Minutes by Legacy the Duck for the reason "not eating fresh"

Jared From Subway
[Show Cash] Jared From Subway has $42,785,307.
                                    [Image: EJScsZq.png]
Perms because i'm unoriginal

Fists
Vape
Surrender
Cdm
Knife
Katana
Hl2 Pistol
Prop Increase
Ammo Increase
Crowbar
Extra Printer
Pocket Increase
TTS
Elites
Snowball
Camera
Stun Stick
Glock
Frame Increase
Storage Increase
Camera Increase
Deagle
Dab
USP
Oil Increase
Fidget Spinner
04-14-2019, 10:02 PM
So here's the problem.
It was being farmed to hell by experienced players.
The way I see it, new players would shit their pants over 333k. (Or at least should. If they're not, then we have an even larger problem at hand.) That's more than some perms. A new player's first perm is probably one of the most memorable things they can get. So while it may not be a lot to you, it should be a lot to new players.
I don't see a point in changing it.

[Image: 9tXYVxl.png]
04-14-2019, 10:49 PM
Sup ima faggot but uh ya I kinda agree with death tasks were cool but it just ruined the game for a little and like he said it’s the grind I love about gmod I remember my first .org I was in trinity and the guys there help me learn that game make cash and get my first perm the usp. I like the grind setting up a small base unsure if ur going to get fucked by some people to make them big bucks and the high paying tasks make that harder to do

[Image: MPY53fT.gif]
04-15-2019, 01:12 PM
(Yesterday 10:02 PM)Death Wrote:  So here's the problem.
It was being farmed to hell by experienced players.
The way I see it, new players would shit their pants over 333k. (Or at least should. If they're not, then we have an even larger problem at hand.) That's more than some perms. A new player's first perm is probably one of the most memorable things they can get. So while it may not be a lot to you, it should be a lot to new players.
I don't see a point in changing it.

while i do see that a lot of people used it for farming i will also point out that when people used it for farming other people would ask "what are tasks" and new players would be exposed to the tasks
from what i see there is basically no way for new players to find out what a task is without typing /tasks accidentally

Jared From Subway (STEAM_0:1:85896379) has been banned for 0 Minutes by Legacy the Duck for the reason "not eating fresh"

Jared From Subway

Fists
Vape
Surrender
Cdm
Knife
Katana
Hl2 Pistol
Prop Increase
Ammo Increase
Crowbar
Extra Printer
Pocket Increase
TTS
Elites
Snowball
Camera
Stun Stick
Glock
Frame Increase
Storage Increase
Camera Increase
Deagle
Dab
USP
Oil Increase
Fidget Spinner
04-15-2019, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2019 08:09 PM by thedivinity.)
Jared From Subway Wrote:while i do see that a lot of people used it for farming i will also point out that when people used it for farming other people would ask "what are tasks" and new players would be exposed to the tasks
from what i see there is basically no way for new
players to find out what a task is without typing /tasks accidentally

F3 Menu

04-15-2019, 06:02 PM
I feel like one way to help with this problem is scaling the reward with another thing. 

The two biggest contenders would be time and money(maybe max you've ever had) these would both cap out at 1 million.

Let's say you just joined, then the max reward for hard should be around 100k. Maybe when you get to 100 hours it's at 400k. Perms would likely be bought at this point. I also personally would rather not using money for scaling more money.

Another thing I think was also stated was that not many people know about some special things. I'd suggest giving players notifications about these commands until they try them out. This could also be the case for /karma. I also thought staff could announce these commands too. 

[Image: Signature.png]
04-15-2019, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2019 08:55 PM by Grant.)
I 'member.

Tasks were introduced around Christmas 2018.

The DivRP community was actually cooperative for once as they helped eachother finish tasks for the good of others and for themselves as everyone got richer and richer. In the end, it was for the greater good.

The moment tasks got nerfed was the moment DivRP returned to basing and raiding. Don't get me wrong, everyone got tired of both tasks and farming, but it was at that moment that ravaging the server with raiding parties and monopolizing the economy with megabases in order to earn more than 333k in quick succession was the less boring and more profitable of two evils.

Sounds an awful lot like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

+support for peace in DivRP

(Yesterday 09:02 PM)Death Wrote:  The way I see it, new players would shit their pants over 333k. (Or at least should. If they're not, then we have an even larger problem at hand.) That's more than some perms. A new player's first perm is probably one of the most memorable things they can get. So while it may not be a lot to you, it should be a lot to new players.

By some, you mean Dab and Surrender? Those are the only perms I know are under 333k.

Ah yes, I remember when my first perm was a dead meme from 2016. 
Yea, like noobs will NOT GO for the weapon perms first. Suuuuuuureeeee.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:83586596...und=FFD500]
My Perms: Elites, Big Pocket, 357, Extra Printer, Extra Props(1), Surrender, Katana, Fists, Extra Ammo (1), TTS, Storage Increase ($9,425,000 total)

Useful shit:
- Callout Maps

- Genome Guide
- Adjustable price charts for vendors
- Perms and credit shop guide
- Daily Task Guide

SpoilerShow
04-16-2019, 12:51 PM
I Agree with Grant and Subway. I used to play div every day and It made my day much better! I feel that tasks were one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game, because it gave me a reason to play when my clanmates were gone, or the server had like 5 players on. Not only that, but even when my Friends were on, the frustration of printer farming, pressing E 5 billion times, and the lack of player interaction made div less fun.

Being rewarded for not having fun is not going to make a server appealing. While tasks did have flaws, like the expectation of doing 75 tasks that can vary from small and fucking impossible difficulty made tasks feel like an impossible feat, and discouraged players from interacting with each-other.

One thing I would think about doing is maybe making automatic events that took place in RP, maybe we could have things like scavenge events, bank events, purge events, or other things along those lines. I feel that the inclusion of things like this would encourage a fun type of grinding, and player interaction that the server desperately needs.
04-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Remove c4

[Image: xxhdeXu.png]
[Image: tafIk6e.png]

04-16-2019, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2019 03:24 PM by Jared From Subway.)
(Yesterday 08:29 PM)Grant Wrote:  I 'member.

Tasks were introduced around Christmas 2018.

The DivRP community was actually cooperative for once as they helped eachother finish tasks for the good of others and for themselves as everyone got richer and richer. In the end, it was for the greater good.

The moment tasks got nerfed was the moment DivRP returned to basing and raiding. Don't get me wrong, everyone got tired of both tasks and farming, but it was at that moment that ravaging the server with raiding parties and monopolizing the economy with megabases in order to earn more than 333k in quick succession was the less boring and more profitable of two evils.

Sounds an awful lot like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

+support for peace in DivRP

By some, you mean Dab and Surrender? Those are the only perms I know are under 333k.

Ah yes, I remember when my first perm was adead meme from 2016.
Yea, like noobs will NOT GOfor the weapon perms first. Suuuuuuureeeee.
(Today 12:51 PM)Yung Chegg Wrote:  I Agree with Grant and Subway. I used to play div every day and It made my day much better! I feel that tasks were one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game, because it gave me a reason to play when my clanmates were gone, or the server had like 5 players on. Not only that, but even when my Friends were on, the frustration of printer farming, pressing E 5 billion times, and the lack of player interaction made div less fun.

Being rewarded for not having fun is not going to make a server appealing. While tasks did have flaws, like the expectation of doing 75 tasks that can vary from small and fucking impossible difficulty made tasks feel like an impossible feat, and discouraged players from interacting with each-other.

One thing I would think about doing is maybe making automatic events that took place in RP, maybe we could have things like scavenge events, bank events, purge events, or other things along those lines. I feel that the inclusion of things like this would encourage a fun type of grinding, and player interaction that the server desperately needs.

i agree with what grant says and how this would give people an alternative to raiding/basing and gamer gaming makes good points of how it's boring to base and some times when there's no one online the best thing you can do is tasks or a small farming base.
i'm ok with a compromise where the tasks are made easier (like the old system of 50 daily tasks) and maybe 25k-500k reward (so it still has profit but isn't so exploitable) i feel like tasks were a great alternative to basing, raiding and ruining fun for other players while spending all this big amounts of money to maybe lose it in the raid (even if you win). as it is now the most profitable way to earn money is to farm or raid small bases which you know will have shit defenses but even then the current meta requires at least 20k spent on every raid (if you're like me and you just c4 into a storefront base), if the tasks rewards are raised and the difficulty maybe made a little easier this would make a nice alternative (and a fun one too) to sitting in a base and pressing E on printers or oil drills.

i see death mentioned "players would shit their pants over 333k" but i don't see how the player would even get close to earning that money when you have tasks like kill 100 zombies (avg for most kills is like 60 soo) or something else insanely hard like "kill some one on the hitlist". i don't want to toot my own horn and inflate my ego but i will say i am a pretty experienced player when it comes to the server and even i will say some of these tasks are next to impossible, and the fact that you have to wait 30 minutes to skip them kind of discourages players (new and old) from doing tasks.

i would also like to say that gamer's suggestion for rp related events does seem nice, maybe an npc vault so we don't have to wait for seniors to decide they want to make an event and manage it

(Today 03:00 PM)OoGaBooGaMan Wrote:  Remove c4

+support

Jared From Subway

Fists
Vape
Surrender
Cdm
Knife
Katana
Hl2 Pistol
Prop Increase
Ammo Increase
Crowbar