Divinity DarkRP
Players 2/128

"Is ThE SerVER DyInG/DeAD?"
09-16-2019, 06:18 AM
(Today 04:47 AM)HarryFromSL Wrote:  The way I see it, this is not a DivRP issue. Garry's Mod as a whole is dying extremely fast. DarkRP as a whole is dying extremely fast (sure, there was a time when Superior C18 had consistently 128 players while our playercount was awful, but now we fluctuate at opposite times to meet roughly the same peak players). There is nothing we can do to DivRP's mechanics to make it better or to draw in new players. Changing the basing and raiding meta in massive ways like that is a dumb idea for many reasons, but mostly because newer players rarely base and raid (beyond doing some rudimentary basing as a vendor job).
There is more to roleplay than basing and raiding, and that is what DivRP's mechanics do really well. Imo the only reason our playercount fell so dramatically at the time aforementioned is because of issues in administrative judgement, but that's just my opinion. Now the time has come for the inevitable. All games die eventually. The best way to delay this is to actually play on the server and bring in new players (I know I already made a post about this, but seriously, guys, you spend more time making posts on this thread than playing on the server). You're all overthinking this -- we need to directly remedy the problem by doing our own part in keeping the server alive. Log on tomorrow and try to have fun.
Worst comes to worst, we can do what other half-dead games do and schedule days/hours of the week where we all get on and play. If we do this, Divinity will never fully die.

While I agree with alot of what you said here. But I think it is an incredibly common misconception that administrative judgement is really what took a major hit to the server. But in my opinion. Its very clear. Roughly about a year ago the server pop was very high. Upwards of 60. The map was switched to downtown and basing was completely destroyed. People began to start despising basing/raiding and fearful because of the map change and began to leave one by one. And even though the map was switched ever since that day basing/raiding has been changed constantly. With metas never staying the same. With literally nobody knowing how to deal with c4 spare for a few people and that is where alot of people come from. If you look at it rationally. The population inbetween the end of downtown and the summer of this year has been stable. And decreasing in time with the gmod population. And its dropping rapidly again. But for natural causes that being the summer is over. And this problem was amplified by the negativity going throughout the server. Div is not really seeing an irregular drop apart from lack of content that people actually consume per my previous post. And I think that is one of the controllable aspects of the server population. But generally when I see people critizing the staff team's judgement. But really if you look at it the majority of so called "misjudgements" people were actually breaking rules. You can call it fun but they were actually legitmately breaking rules. And there is not really something you can do there because it is their duty to enforce the rules. And if you have a problem with those rules. You can attempt to get them removed.

SpoilerShow

09-16-2019, 11:31 AM
gonna call back to a post from like a week ago and say that yeah, gutsygate is probably a reason why a lot of people left, either by getting banned or by not being able to take the heat, even if someone's leaving wasn't of that direct cause, it certainly created a ripple effect. if you didn't leave during gutsygate, odds are you became less attached to the server because 1. you didn't like what the administration did, or 2. you thought the server might die so you got invested in other things. so when downtown came around and (from what i heard) killed the pop, those people with less attachment decided to leave, and when those people left, many community members saw those people leaving and either left because someone they really liked left, or because they thought the server might die from all the losses. idk tho, i've played for literally like 16 days since late 2017

*** [A male standing aroun...] hid behind the corner now, racking the bolt of his SKS. "Fuck you, copper! I'm Chad Fucking MacDonald! And you're about to be Mac-Fucked!"

09-16-2019, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2019 08:56 PM by Grant.)
(Today 04:18 AM)Nitromech Wrote:  The population inbetween the end of downtown and the summer of this year has been stable. And decreasing in time with the gmod population. And its dropping rapidly again. But for natural causes that being the summer is over. 
I beg to object

I consistently see 40 players right now in September, WHEN THE SCHOOL YEAR IS GOING ON, while during July the server population dropped from 40 to 20 and stayed like that until the ban wipe. Hell not even until then, some days in August saw 40 players.

In May we all expected 60 players consistently throughout June and July, but it didn't happen. I have known orgmates that played 1000x more Minecraft than DivRP in the summer. Banned people played MC or Payday. Even innocent people played other games throughout this time.

If the devs are unwilling to add new content, there is no chance to maintain the server. Especially if we keep discussing and spouting negativity with no changes happening further cementing an "The end is coming" mindset in the remnants of the DivRP community. That's what the admins, or atleast Death, who IS a dev on the caliber of Legacy and Div himself, are signaling right now, and that's very bad.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:83586596...und=FFD500]
My Perms: Elites, Big Pocket, 357, Extra Printer, 80 Props, Surrender, Katana, Fists, 50 Ammo, TTS, More Storage, Knife, USP, CDM, Dab, FiveSeven, HL2 Pistol, Crowbar, Extra Lab, More Oil ($18,150,000 total)

Useful shit:
Callout Maps
Genome Guide
Adjustable price charts for vendors
Perms and credit shop guide
Daily Task Guide
SpoilerShow
09-16-2019, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 01:17 AM by FryLord0612.)
No new stuff? You have not been on in two months since then we have a new map and new Perms and melees and the phones death made. staff are trying it seems odd to judge when all you do is say the servers not good and it’s dead yada yada if that’s what you think move on those people are the people letting it die. get on and play the game it ain’t going to be fixed when you are whining and playing Minecraft just get on and play put an effort into helping the server if you want to or just sit there and pout either works every day there’s a base or 2 up and people try to rp but those that can’t grow up and not minge are the ones who are killing the fun for us div has never been a flashy pay 30 bucks for an rpg server all dark rp servers are running low you can’t really want things to change if you don’t even wanna help change it. I feel you’re final nail in the coffin was ur reply saying “Divinity Roleplay is dead. My serious suggestion: immigrate to a popular server that is the closest to what DivRP had.” that shows you truly don’t care so instead of just bringing all you’re negativity here why don’t you help make it a thriving community
Yesterday, 10:17 AM
(Yesterday 09:52 PM)Grant Wrote:  If the devs are unwilling to add new content, there is no chance to maintain the server. Especially if we keep discussing and spouting negativity with no changes happening further cementing an "The end is coming" mindset in the remnants of the DivRP community. That's what the admins, or atleast Death, who IS a dev on the caliber of Legacy and Div himself, are signaling right now, and that's very bad.

You were immediately discredited on the first sentence here. Unwilling was an extremely poor word choice. It's not that we're unwilling. As I've said multiple times, two of us have life shit that we have to take care of leaving extremely little time to do any major changes to the game. Not sure if you've noticed, but Legacy has been pumping out new content as much as he can, even getting the map dev team together to work on new areas of the map. If I were Legacy, I would have quit a long time ago. Do you have any idea how demotivating it must be to be constantly working on bringing new things to the table to have people say "no new content, lul. server dead, lul." Not sure what else you want.

[Image: 9tXYVxl.png]
Yesterday, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 10:36 AM by Jared From Subway.)
(Today 09:17 AM)Death Wrote:  You were immediately discredited on the first sentence here. Unwilling was an extremely poor word choice. It's not that we're unwilling. As I've said multiple times, two of us have life shit that we have to take care of leaving extremely little time to do any major changes to the game. Not sure if you've noticed, but Legacy has been pumping out new content as much as he can, even getting the map dev team together to work on new areas of the map. If I were Legacy, I would have quit a long time ago. Do you have any idea how demotivating it must be to be constantly working on bringing new things to the table to have people say "no new content, lul. server dead, lul." Not sure what else you want.

[Image: unknown.png?width=500&height=271]

i didn't even think to consider the fact that legacy has other shit going on and now i feel kind of bad for saying the server is dead and legacy's just a strict super who hates fun
i'm sorry for the shit i've said behind your backs that you probably didn't hear about... i forgot people have a life outside div

Ad Memoriam Derrick Eakes
You will be missed but not forgotten.
Jared From Subway (STEAM_0:1:85896379) has been banned for 0 Minutes by Legacy the Duck for the reason "not eating fresh"

Perms  [cost: $22,825,000] because i'm unoriginal

Fists
Vape
Surrender
Cdm
Knife
Katana
Hl2 Pistol
Prop Increase
Ammo Increase
Crowbar
Extra Printer
Pocket Increase
TTS
Elites
Snowball
Camera
Stun Stick
Glock
Frame Increase
Storage Increase
Camera Increase
Deagle
Dab
USP
Oil Increase
Fidget Spinner
Yesterday, 02:39 PM
(Today 03:17 PM)Death Wrote:  You were immediately discredited on the first sentence here. Unwilling was an extremely poor word choice. It's not that we're unwilling. As I've said multiple times, two of us have life shit that we have to take care of leaving extremely little time to do any major changes to the game. Not sure if you've noticed, but Legacy has been pumping out new content as much as he can, even getting the map dev team together to work on new areas of the map. If I were Legacy, I would have quit a long time ago. Do you have any idea how demotivating it must be to be constantly working on bringing new things to the table to have people say "no new content, lul. server dead, lul." Not sure what else you want.
And this is the issue that we unfortunately have. Deaths  point here is great. There are 2 devs. IN COLLEGE. We have to put up with a lack of new content. But we can try to get the content that we think is the most important out first. Which in my argument is fun stuff to mess around with 

SpoilerShow

Quick Reply