A Spiritual Successor?
10-13-2019, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 12:26 AM by Legacy.)
Piggy backing off what @Angrypygmy said.

Angry and me are running a 14.2 Minecraft server and anyone can join over at runeware.net

This is not meant to be a spiritual successor or the same thing, but for people to try out and play on their own time. There's a few plugins that change some survival mechanics but it should be a cozy experience.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:16678862...und=ff9633]
10-14-2019, 11:07 AM
(10-13-2019 11:13 PM)Legacy Wrote:  Piggy backing off what @Angrypygmy said.

Angry and me are running a 14.2 Minecraft server and anyone can join over at runeware.net

This is not meant to be a spiritual successor or the same thing, but for people to try out and play on their own time. There's a few plugins that change some survival mechanics but it should be a cozy experience.

so is it lightly modded SMP? How is it different from Nitro's towny?

I'm concerned that right now so many people are going to open up so many minecraft servers with little difference in gameplay that the community could be split up if they start deciding "this server good that server bad". I'm a big advocate for centralizing the server, and if a server is managed by one of the former DivRP devs, I would be up for centralizing with that server, but there's already progress in nitro's server that people don't want to give up.

So that splitting up is already happening I feel

10-14-2019, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 05:06 PM by Keebs.)
(10-14-2019 11:07 AM)Grant Wrote:  so is it lightly modded SMP? How is it different from Nitro's towny?

I'm concerned that right now so many people are going to open up so many minecraft servers with little difference in gameplay that the community could be split up if they start deciding "this server good that server bad". I'm a big advocate for centralizing the server, and if a server is managed by one of the former DivRP devs, I would be up for centralizing with that server, but there's already progress in nitro's server that people don't want to give up.

Tbh if I were to play a minecraft server, it would be the one Legacy is teaming up with pyg to create. I understand everyone making their own server splits the community further, but I prefer to put stock into someone I know personally would give it their all and is experienced with it.

Not saying Nitro is inexperienced or anything at all- I just know Legacy much better. I could be wrong and Nitros server could be amazing but Ill never find out :P

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:40947230...und=990000]
10-14-2019, 11:34 AM
(10-14-2019 11:07 AM)Grant Wrote:  so is it lightly modded SMP? How is it different from Nitro's towny?

(10-14-2019 11:30 AM)Keebs Wrote:  Tbh if I were to play a minecraft server, it would be the one Legacy is teaming up with pyg to create. I understand everyone making their own server splits the community further, but I prefer to put stock into someone I know personally would give it their all and is expirienced with it.

Not saying Nitro is inexperienced or anything at all- I just know Legacy much better. I could be wrong and Nitros server could be amazing but Ill never find out :P

seeing as legacy pretty much owned the server (divinity) for a long period of time i trust him and pygmy a lot more with information like ip and shit xd
also towney's shit
plus i don't see legacy becoming a power hungry nigger and deleting anyone's opinion he disagrees with, of course we could get a repeat of div but eh
10-14-2019, 04:02 PM
(10-14-2019 11:34 AM)Jared From Subway Wrote:  seeing as legacy pretty much owned the server (divinity) for a long period of time i trust him and pygmy a lot more with information like ip and shit xd
also towney's shit
plus i don't see legacy becoming a power hungry nigger and deleting anyone's opinion he disagrees with, of course we could get a repeat of div but eh

I don't speak, vouch, or have anyhting to say on how others run their ship.

People are free to join the vanilla server that Angry has set up for us, I'm only really managing plugins and making sure it works along with putting in some plugins.

It's not modded but has server plugins, right now it's just basic stuff but is running a difficulty plugin so things are a bit shaken up.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:16678862...und=ff9633]
10-14-2019, 10:08 PM
Legacy and Pyg's MC server is pretty great so far.

SpoilerShow

10-14-2019, 10:35 PM
In my opinion I dont see a need to compare the two. Our servers are drastically different. Mine has virtually no risk and is economy focused. Plugin heavy. Legacy's seems like light SMP thats difficult and medium to high risk. I think it would be better to just play on both together as a community. Each server has their ups and downs.

praxis.mcserver.ws:25569

10-14-2019, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 10:50 PM by Vmedvil.)
I was thinking that the format of Div RP could be put into Arma 3(https://arma3.com/) or a newer game, all you need is military guns and building tools.

I used to know someone that had a Arma 3 server and basically you could customize everything all you would need to do is script how to buy/sell doors and buildings.
10-14-2019, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 10:55 PM by Grant.)
(10-14-2019 10:35 PM)Nitromech Wrote:  In my opinion I dont see a need to compare the two. Our servers are drastically different. Mine has virtually no risk and is economy focused. Plugin heavy. Legacy's seems like light SMP thats difficult and medium to high risk. I think it would be better to just play on both together as a community. Each server has their ups and downs.

yea but my concern is people have preferences, so if a lot of people only like towny or only like SMP, then a DivMC community cant take off if its divided from the beginning.

Which is why I suggested to nitro (before angry and legacy decided to run their server) to get bungee

(10-14-2019 10:48 PM)Vmedvil Wrote:  I was thinking that the format of Div RP could be put into Arma 3(https://arma3.com/) or a newer game, all you need is military guns and building tools.

I used to know someone that had a Arma 3 server and basically you could customize everything all you would need to do is script how to buy/sell doors and buildings.

not a whole lot of us has arma 3 and even then its kinda pricey

also arma 3 is a milsim focused on short-term operations that end in hours or at the most days, not something that just keeps going on and on for years. divrp as a concept will not translate well into arma 3, not even basing and raiding

10-15-2019, 09:30 AM
(10-14-2019 10:51 PM)Grant Wrote:  yea but my concern is people have preferences, so if a lot of people only like towny or only like SMP, then a DivMC community cant take off if its divided from the beginning.

Which is why I suggested to nitro (before angry and legacy decided to run their server) to get bungee

not a whole lot of us has arma 3 and even then its kinda pricey

also arma 3 is a milsim focused on short-term operations that end in hours or at the most days, not something that just keeps going on and on for years. divrp as a concept will not translate well into arma 3, not even basing and raiding
Idk why you write off Arma 3 even though it doesn't seem like you know a whole lot about it.

Arma 3 can go on for years though. Its not unlike how the server rebooted every 3-4 days on GMOD either. 

If you do some research on Epoch mod for Arma, its actually pretty cool. There is persistant buildings (player built), traders, currency system, random map events, banking system, hunger/thirst system, cars, guns, hundreds of different characters and outfits for characters, tons of accessories for each character. All these combined do translate into some great basing and raiding of the bases.

Thats just one mod, too. Theres plenty of *life* servers that focus on RP with tons of the additions I mentioned above. You should try it sometime.

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:40947230...und=990000]
10-15-2019, 01:07 PM
There's also http://www.fivem.net
10-15-2019, 01:13 PM
(Today 07:30 AM)Keebs Wrote:  Idk why you write off Arma 3 even though it doesn't seem like you know a whole lot about it.

Arma 3 can go on for years though. Its not unlike how the server rebooted every 3-4 days on GMOD either.

If you do some research on Epoch mod for Arma, its actually pretty cool. There is persistant buildings (player built), traders, currency system, random map events, banking system, hunger/thirst system, cars, guns, hundreds of different characters and outfits for characters, tons of accessories for each character. All these combined do translate into some great basing and raiding of the bases.

Thats just one mod, too. Theres plenty of *life* servers that focus on RP with tons of the additions I mentioned above. You should try it sometime.

oh shit yea that can work. thing was all the arma 3 vids i watched on youtube were from sovietwomble and rimmy (basically australian sovietwomble) who were doing operations with a definitive endgoal

but other problems still persist: many of us dont have arma 3, it requires DLC to be complete (although I dont think that would be much of a problem for multiplayer I hope), and it seems to be a graphically intensive game based off of footage of the game that i saw on youtube. Although I have wanted ARMA 3 for so long tho so
also to answer to angry, gta v is not out of the question either. its just that rockstar's official multiplayer sucks ass

10-15-2019, 02:20 PM
Grant dateline='[url=tel:1571163221' Wrote:  1571163221']

but other problems still persist: many of us dont have arma 3, it requires DLC to be complete (although I dont think that would be much of a problem for multiplayer I hope), and it seems to be a graphically intensive game based off of footage of the game that i saw on youtube. Although I have wanted ARMA 3 for so long tho so
also to answer to angry, gta v is not out of the question either. its just that rockstar's official multiplayer sucks ass

I’ve played a bit of roleplay servers on arma and I don’t have any of the dlcs, so that’s not really an issue. You can still use everything. If you can run gta 5 I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to run Arma 3. If someone here made an arma server I’d probably play it.

[Image: newsig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:154435812&a...;team=thug]

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c3fae7c31487563635b8f83]
10-16-2019, 10:58 AM
Lets do a Roleplay Server on Rust

[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:41597173...und=000000]
10-17-2019, 05:09 AM
(Yesterday 10:58 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Lets do a Roleplay Server on Rust

Honestly you can find Roleplayers on the regular servers lol Always able to point out a RPers house.

There's gon' be some stuff you gon' see that's gon' make it hard to smile in the future. But through whatever you see, through all the rain and the pain, you gotta keep your sense of humor. You gotta be able to smile through all this bullshit.
​​​​​​​

[Image: xxhdeXu.png]
[Image: Q9SaBQ6.png]

Quick Reply