Closed 
Update #17
10-26-2013, 10:42 PM
This is the discussion thread for Update #17
  • Admins can edit bans from banlist [Unban by typing "unbanned" as the time]
  • Changed the skin for shout button on shoutbox
  • Added more advanced forum profile statistics
  • Fixed a bug with the changelog system

Please report any bugs associated with this update here.

10-27-2013, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2013 01:20 AM by Ryan Gooch.)
Uh dunno if you mean doubles or not for the edit bans but if you do actually mean ADMINS change it to doubles+ only. Admins can contact doubles like they always have for that kinda stuff I reckon.

But like I said that's if you didn't mean doubles. xD

[Image: 5ee5db2ecb.jpg][Image: 12-2.gif]
10-27-2013, 01:23 AM
(10-27-2013 01:17 AM)'Ryan Gooch' Wrote:  Uh dunno if you mean doubles or not for the edit bans but if you do actually mean ADMINS change it to doubles+ only. Admins can contact doubles like they always have for that kinda stuff I reckon.

Why shouldn't admins be able to?

10-27-2013, 01:45 AM
(10-27-2013 01:23 AM)'What if obama is a shark?' Wrote:  
(10-27-2013 01:17 AM)'Ryan Gooch' Wrote:  Uh dunno if you mean doubles or not for the edit bans but if you do actually mean ADMINS change it to doubles+ only. Admins can contact doubles like they always have for that kinda stuff I reckon.

This has always been a double+ ONLY ability. And it should stay that way. We don't need almost everyone to have the power to unban or extend bans.

"Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
10-27-2013, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2013 02:09 AM by HavocMaverick.)

It's just a tool of trust type of thing. We can't really allow admins to edit/remove bans, it might envolve biased decisions. For example an admin might unban someone just because they're friends with them and don't want them to stay banned or shorten their ban time, and that's not right if that person broke a server rule. That choice isnt up to them, it's a community vote decision if someone wants to be unbanned.

That's why doubles+ are trusted with this, so if any type of mistake happens, we hear about it first and do our best to fix it. It's just easier that way c:

Tea 2018 < Coffee
[Image: 635886006588771236625743993_giphy-21.gif]
Dat Dat Doe.
[Image: bff1ed6cf0.jpg]
[Image: 2d736c6170.jpg]
10-27-2013, 02:36 AM
(10-27-2013 02:08 AM)'HavocMaverick' Wrote:  

It's just a tool of trust type of thing. We can't really allow admins to edit/remove bans, it might envolve biased decisions. For example an admin might unban someone just because they're friends with them and don't want them to stay banned or shorten their ban time, and that's not right if that person broke a server rule. That choice isnt up to them, it's a community vote decision if someone wants to be unbanned.

That's why doubles+ are trusted with this, so if any type of mistake happens, we hear about it first and do our best to fix it. It's just easier that way c:

Maybe just make it so whichever admin banned the player is allowed to edit the players ban time and reason? I mean you banned them in the first place, don't see why you shouldn't get the option to edit their ban time if deemed necessary. Altogether, you have to remember. It was the doubles who trusted certain 'player' with the position of admin.

[Image: 4U9Zg.jpg]
[Image: PlayerSig.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:26408252...und=161616]
10-27-2013, 04:39 AM
(10-27-2013 02:08 AM)'HavocMaverick' Wrote:  

I imagined this would work like Freedom said, the admins who actually make the ban are the only ones who can edit their bans.

10-27-2013, 04:55 AM
If it isn't already just make it doubles+ only, It's double moderator tool and it should stay that way simple as that, Admins barley fuck up their bans and if they do it's usually to be unbanned which you can't even do withthenew tool(I think.)

Just make things easier and do it how we always have, All the doubles have agreed it would be better if it stayed the same so it should.

Also @ Freedom, Just because you were given admin does not mean you're trusted enough to do things like this and such, otherwise you wouldn't be an admin you'd be a higher rank.

10-27-2013, 10:13 AM
It's because if a player wants to be unbanned or there was a mistake with a ban then the doubles must know about it first. If admins just fixed their own bans without informing us, things would get hectic and unorganized. We need to know when mistakes happen or when someone wants to be unbanned because it is ultimately our decision, along with the community's, not the admin alone. 

Plus if admins had this tool i know for a fact you guys would just be banning eachother and then unbanning as jokes and its not meant for that.
Like i said, it's a tool of trust.

Tea 2018 < Coffee
Dat Dat Doe.
10-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Currently, only forum administrators can do it.

Administrators will not get the ability.

Don't poop pants.
10-27-2013, 05:11 PM
just fucken make it doubles+ only for fucks sake imean fucken hell just fucken do it no 1 else can be trusted its simple as fucken that ok just fucken do it.

10-27-2013, 08:30 PM
You can unban players by typing "unbanned" as the time length.

Doubles have the ability to moderate all bans, everyone else can only moderate their own bans.

Once a player is unbanned, the ban cannot be reissued unless done manually.

10-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Sounds useful.

Oh, and before any doubles get up on their high horse about admins editing their own bans, I really don't see why this would be an issue. Admins are already trusted members of the community, and the only real reason they would ever edit a ban is if they make a mistake, or have second thoughs after reevaulting a situation. If an admin is acting like a retard and is random banning other staff as a joke then they'll be dealt with by a double. Same as before really.

Every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you.
10-27-2013, 10:50 PM
(10-27-2013 08:40 PM)'Derpalicious' Wrote:  Sounds useful.

Oh, and before any doubles get up on their high horse about admins editing their own bans, I really don't see why this would be an issue. Admins are already trusted members of the community, and the only real reason they would ever edit a ban is if they make a mistake, or have second thoughs after reevaulting a situation. If an admin is acting like a retard and is random banning other staff as a joke then they'll be dealt with by a double. Same as before really.

How are we on a high horse? We want to know when admins make mistakes so we can do our best to help them. If we aren't informed of when they make mistakes how will we ever evaluate them correctly for a promotion? We aren't saying "FUCK THE ADMINS WE WANT ALL THE POWER" because we arent douche bags. The only staff members that are fully trusted members of the community are perma admins. Trial admins are still staff members in a learning experience.

We need to be informed of people fucking up or misbanning people so we know if thats a regular occurance with them. It's a part of our evaluations. We aren't on a high horse, thats just a dumb thing to say, we are trying to help you guys progress through the ranks. Allowing admins to edit their own bans will make them less cautious of how they hand out their bans.

Anyways not gonna argue about this, I'd prefer it to stay the way it always has, that's my opinion. 
There's no need to get heated about this either, its just a tool that has always been in the hands of doubles+. 

Tea 2018 < Coffee
Dat Dat Doe.
10-28-2013, 12:12 AM
(10-27-2013 10:50 PM)'HavocMaverick' Wrote:  
(10-27-2013 08:40 PM)'Derpalicious' Wrote:  Sounds useful.

How are we on a high horse? We want to know when admins make mistakes so we can do our best to help them. If we aren't informed of when they make mistakes how will we ever evaluate them correctly for a promotion? We aren't saying "FUCK THE ADMINS WE WANT ALL THE POWER" because we arent douche bags. The only staff members that are fully trusted members of the community are perma admins. Trial admins are still staff members in a learning experience.

We need to be informed of people fucking up or misbanning people so we know if thats a regular occurance with them. It's a part of our evaluations. We aren't on a high horse, thats just a dumb thing to say, we are trying to help you guys progress through the ranks. Allowing admins to edit their own bans will make them less cautious of how they hand out their bans.

Anyways not gonna argue about this, I'd prefer it to stay the way it always has, that's my opinion. 
There's no need to get heated about this either, its just a tool that has always been in the hands of doubles+. 

Hey, fair enough. I'm not calling doubles assholes or anything, I just disagree with the mentality you guys approached this change with. I personally believe that admins are capable of handling their own bans. If an admin is constantly making mistakes with who they ban, the players and other staff would surely catch on and it could then be reported to a double. I realize you might disagree with me on this, and thats fine, I'm just expressing how I don't believe it would cause any harm to give admins the ability, and would probably save the doubles a good amount of time.

I realize it's always been in the hands of doubles, but so was the teleport command until I suggested it be moved to admins. I personally feel as if our admin staff right now is stronger than it's been in a long while. I think as if being able to edit their own bans would save time all around, especially if a player is accidentally banned. Instead of having to wait for a double to be contacted (some newer staff don't even know how to do this), they would be able to correct the mistake themselves and let the player back on.

Just my two cents.

Every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you.
Closed 
Quick Reply